Furious!

I'm sometimes sloppy with posting stuff and generally don't chase people I buy from but that takes the P!

Tempting as it may be to name and shame I think you can resolve this. If the seller advertised the frame 'inc postage' then they shouldn't really demand extra. I've come unstuck before when guessing postage costs for pricing but most members here are reasonable and a deal can usually be struck to keep both parties happy.

Suggest split the extra £45?

MadCowKev":1cc3vkro said:
I'm sometimes sloppy with posting stuff and generally don't chase people I buy from but that takes the P!

Tempting as it may be to name and shame I think you can resolve this. If the seller advertised the frame 'inc postage' then they shouldn't really demand extra. I've come unstuck before when guessing postage costs for pricing but most members here are reasonable and a deal can usually be struck to keep both parties happy.

To be fair, that happened to me. When I ask one of my colleagues to price shipping some forks to Finland, the nice ( :x ) lady behind the counter mis-heard 'inland'....and I duly passed on the quote for postage.
Imagine my fury/dismay when I subsequently took the (paid-for) forks to be posted and was charged over £35 rather than the £15 I thought (yes, green of me I know).

BUT...I took it on the chin and posted it first, then explained the situation to the buyer who immediately offered 50/50. A true gent...you know who you are ;)

I think this seller should have done the same.

MadCowKev":11ucrp4e said:

Kev has hit the nail on the head. He advertised it inc post, he should pay the extra (if there is indeed extra :roll: ). I'm sure we've all messed up on postage costs in the past - I know I have and undercharged. Thing is I was a big boy and paid the extra myself....

John":3o6tfnxg said:
MadCowKev":3o6tfnxg said:

Kev has hit the nail on the head. He advertised it inc post, he should pay the extra (if there is indeed extra :roll: ). I'm sure we've all messed up on postage costs in the past - I know I have and undercharged. Thing is I was a big boy and paid the extra myself....

Righto, plus he said it was posted when it wasn't. That's a no-no.

To be fair, that happened to me. When I ask one of my colleagues to price shipping some forks to Finland, the nice ( ) lady behind the counter mis-heard 'inland'....and I duly passed on the quote for postage.
Imagine my fury/dismay when I subsequently took the (paid-for) forks to be posted and was charged over £35 rather than the £15 I thought (yes, green of me I know).

BUT...I took it on the chin and posted it first, then explained the situation to the buyer who immediately offered 50/50. A true gent...you know who you are

I did the same sending stuff to Austraila and New Zealand they quoted me UK without looking but I didnt have the balls to ask and took massive losses... That isnt so much the issue here that would of wound me up its the fact that he told him on more than once that they had been sent?!?

MadCowKev":2z25ny6b said:

snippy

As a serial buyer I've got used to different "standards" on postage and I'm pretty relaxed about it. They go from extremes of say cranks arriving within 48 hours to cranks taking over 2 weeks (might be 3 actually).

Being asked for more money for postage has only happened to me once (on Ebay not here), and I ended up splitting the extra with the seller.

Not sure what was quoted for postage originally but an extra 45 gbp seems a lot.

Saying its posted when is not on. Why lie?

Everyone cocks up postage costs once or twice. When I mess up, or make an estimate, my fault, I take the hit. I either spend the time to get quote, guess at risk, or say no thanks to sale.

Thanks for the support guys

I paid the frame/fork + the 30 pound shipping, which is enough.
If i need to pay the extra 45 i would pay 75 pounds for shipping the frame from the UK to the Netherlands.
That is unrealistic.
He gave me the quote myself.
I shipped my Attitude Frame/RS mag 21/Cranks with all the blades/MC1 and front and rear mechs for a total of 24,75 euro (more or less 20 pounds) from the Netherlands to Spain,...and this is nothing special,..just a regular service.
Just put the money where the mouth is and ship me the frame and parts i paid for.
I have been looking for an Yo Eddy for ages and happy that i found one, i just want to build the damn thing! ;)

Back