FROGSKIN's 96/92 GT Zaskar (Finished - p4!).

Onza L-bend love time. Re-painted with satin black and fresh decals, although I will paint the logos on in the future using a stencil, as per factory

Attachments

• ONZA1.jpg
    ONZA1.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 3,633
  • ONZA2.jpg
    ONZA2.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 3,633
Thanks to Rojo aka Jon, I scored some champagne gold Judy XC's. A swift order to the US saw some 160lb Kronos springs ending up in the internals to replace the petrified elastomer stacks and a metal oil cartridge replaced the cracked leaking plastic one. Working over two lunch times I had these puppies working again with fresh Judy butter. I fully polished the crown and replaced the rusty crown bolts. Chips were attended to via model enamel paint (although no detailed pics yet).

Attachments

• RS.jpg
    RS.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 3,624
Fast forward lots of internet browsing sessions and buying from fellow fantastic Retrobike members, things have started to take shape. After a bit of searching and a good clear out of vintage Volkswagen gear, I managed to get some bucks together to purchase my dream addition - A Tioga Disk Drive. I have wanted one of these for the last 22 years and despite there faults, I cannot wait to rumble on it. It has had next to no use by its previous German owner as the Ritchey rim still has anodizing on the braking surfaces and the XTR hub is uberr smooooth!

I changed the tyres for some NOS Onza Porc re-issues bought very cheaply from a member on a London fixed gear forum - the result is more in keeping with the GT vibe and Herbold style... :cool:

Attachments

• dd.jpg
    dd.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 3,623
  • TT.jpg
    TT.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 3,623
  • Bula.jpg
    Bula.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 3,623
  • AMBER.jpg
    AMBER.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 3,623
Re: Looks super nice...

Fliier "Do you already have the rest of the build? What are you going with parts wise?"

Thanks for the props man! Build is nearly complete, just need to finalize the purchase of a front Ringle twister skewer and then going to do a proper photo shoot with a buddy - so watch this space peeps! :cool:

Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww looking good this is mate, very very nice :cool: :cool:

Back