"Fixed" Explosif

is that it ?
no injuries ,no cowering in a corner muttering about the devil incarnate
no" well i tried it and it's not for me"

sadly disappointed
"i went out and rode about a bit .and twas good "

:LOL:

mike

I've been riding a fixed gear Trek 8500 1990 with that same Eno hub for the last 6 weeks through the ice and snow. No crashes as you have traction control, wish I'd had it at Dunkeld on Saturday past. I've also ridden fixed off road at Glentress admittedly on nothing worse than blue grade, terrifying but strangely fun :LOL:

Has anyone tried using a coaster brake on an MTB yet?

This has been done by MacRetro's very own Jimi Hendrix who has ridden some extreme terrain on it and has decided its STUPID !!!!!!!!!! The brakes only work at two positions often not when you want them and frequently lock up

:shock:

Wyhterider, yup, fork is an old C'dale aluminum P-Bone I've had lying around forever...finally got a chance to use it, and I like it a lot.

Mikee, I was suprised by the lack of carnage from the fist ride as well...I'm sure it will happen in good time, (when I start bombing hills and getting in over my head)...hopefully I'll have a bit of photographic evidence for everyone to giggle over ;)

Cheers,

Steve

Hadn't been out in a while....the woods were calling today.

Had a great time, and snapped a few shots to share the mood :D :

kona9281.jpg

kona9285.jpg

kona9286.jpg

kona9282.jpg

kona9283.jpg

kona9284.jpg

cheers,

Steve

It looks as though you're quite enjoying the bike as it is, but in case you weren't aware that fork is too short for the frame. It looks very much like a 39cm a-c from 1993 or earlier. If you found a later 41cm P2 for it, the butting was more sophisticated by then so you might find it gave you a better ride quality as well as making the steering angles a little easier to live with.

Many people would find the steep head angle concentrated the mind quite enough on its own, but that combined with dispensing with brakes makes you out to be a bit of an extreme thrill-seeker!

Fair play to you for giving it a go and actually finding it useable.
I tried my langster fixed for a while but just couldn't get on with it. I like to be able to freewheel, especially once i've got up to speed.
I definitely couldn't manage fixed off-road... is cornering not massively comprimised at speed, since you can't choose which foot to lean in on?

Anthony":39ofq8tm said:
It looks as though you're quite enjoying the bike as it is, but in case you weren't aware that fork is too short for the frame. It looks very much like a 39cm a-c from 1993 or earlier. If you found a later 41cm P2 for it, the butting was more sophisticated by then so you might find it gave you a better ride quality as well as making the steering angles a little easier to live with.

Many people would find the steep head angle concentrated the mind quite enough on its own, but that combined with dispensing with brakes makes you out to be a bit of an extreme thrill-seeker!

Antony, it's a aluminium fork off a Cannondale. not a P2

Back