First ever project about to start

I really don't know what to do, how much is powder coating?? I think someone said there is a place local that does it at exeter i think

Trust us.
It will cost about the same or slightly less than a couple of cans of paint.
Does it even need painting?

chris667":n6ohm6xr said:
Trust us.

Yes it does need a paint, i have emailed a company near me for a price. I would like to still nitromors it though as already have that

rojo":1wj58nqw said:
chris667":1wj58nqw said:
Trust us.

Yes it does need a paint, i have emailed a company near me for a price. I would like to still nitromors it though as already have that

Self prep may save you a bit. Make sure you remove every trace of Nitromors. Most powder coaters will media blast it as well. This removes paint and any traces of rust.

Iwasgoodonce":3qjitvcw said:
rojo":3qjitvcw said:
chris667":3qjitvcw said:
Trust us.

Self prep may save you a bit. Make sure you remove every trace of Nitromors. Most powder coaters will media blast it as well. This removes paint and any traces of rust.

Ok cool think you said to use meths to get any traces of nitromors of that right?

help

right guys i am going to strip the frame hopefully on the weekend and might well now get it powder coated. I am getting a xt rear and front mech. I am getting confused what bits are good to get for my build. Been looking in for sale section and see stuff but haven't a clue if any good for me. So far i have the frame some suspension forks, aheadset, stem, and front and rear xt mech. What am i best looking for now, i know i am a right newbie :LOL: :LOL:

Paint

Hi there

Are you going the powder coat route?
If you are, take it to first choice finishes in pinhoe Exeter. They did my kona frame and did a quality job. Turn around is about a week. Hope this helps.

Cheers kirbdug

Re: Paint

kirbdug":6aenrfig said:
Hi there

Are you going the powder coat route?
If you are, take it to first choice finishes in pinhoe Exeter. They did my kona frame and did a quality job. Turn around is about a week. Hope this helps.

Cheers kirbdug

I have emailed them for a quote as saw your thread.Just getting confused with the rest of the stuff now :LOL: :LOL:

Well hopefully start nitromors the frame later this afternoon, just got to get some gloves first :LOL: :LOL:

Back