First ever project about to start

Is it meths that you use to neutralise any remaining Nitromors? I got good results spraying a set of forks but as said above the result is a bit soft. Powdercoat is very strong. My green Saracen has taken an unbelievable battering since 1990 and still doesn't look too bad.

Thanks for info on the nitromors will take on all that you have said, i hear what you guys are saying about rattle can jobs. But wouldn't mind giving it one try, then when i f it up you can all say you told me so. Where is the best place to get rattle cans?? Halfords?

rojo":mn2af0pi said:
Thanks for info on the nitromors will take on all that you have said, i hear what you guys are saying about rattle can jobs. But wouldn't mind giving it one try, then when i f it up you can all say you told me so. Where is the best place to get rattle cans?? Halfords?

done a few with cans from halfords .

you need primer , paint and clear laquer .

rojo":2c4e5vzx said:

I rattle can two frames. They look good for a few months. But with riding every day for two yrs. It looks nasty. The other frame hasn't been riden so still looks new. :oops:

The respray will be a pro :D Can't beat a pro paint job :cool:

Good point actually, the one frame I rattle canned probably cost me getting towards a powder coat price.

Took 1 large can of primer, 2 large cans of paint then one large can of lacquer.

Not to mention the wire wool/fine wet & dry paper for inbetween paint layers. Then the initial cost of the nitromors.

Probably actually cost me a good amount more than a powder coat would of. Getting on towards £40 I would of thought...then if I charged my self an hourly rate......dont rattle can it....take it to be gold plated, it will be cheaper in the long run!

I have a clear example of my home paint and factory paint. My Trimble of 1991 still looks good (with some touching up )

But my efforts on the same age Trimble less than 2 yrs. So pro paint next time

Hey Rojo, I know that everyone's mentioned the Nitromors warnings but trust me, i was working on an industrial boiler once and a mate (wearing thin shorts) spilt a load on his private area - quite funny seeing him jump around pouring a bottle of coke down his pants but he assured me it chafed somewhat! I never got a good job from rattle cans - but i've seen it done.. I'd go the powder way...? :roll:

rojo":25wlld76 said:
Has anyone done a good respray job????

Ive done a good rattle can job, its just that even a great rattle can job is not going to be as durable, hard and resistant as a powder coat or even a proffesional enamal/spray job.

If you fancy rattle can-ing it, do so, its fun. But if you want the bike to look good for more than 15 minutes, look at other options.

Back