it's about time I got a new project!

Yes, alloy BSA threaded BB, I think headtube and seat lugs are carbon.
Check out Luescher Teknik review (You will see what everything is), I don't think the frame changed much over the generations, paint, stickers and maybe the seat post. Again am no expert.

@foz I hope you enjoy the new Time bike, I built up a late 90's Cannondale with Columbus full Carbon Muscle forks on it with a Chris King headset that took over a few years, I just love the older bikes, from around that era.

Attachments

• Eight M800.JPG
    Eight M800.JPG
    528.4 KB · Views: 16
quick update, split the bike this afternoon to give it a good clean and put back together. Probably didn't really need it, but I prefer to know it's been built correctly. All came apart as if it was built last week and not 15 years ago or more, so that was a nice surprise. I've measured the seatpost at 29.0mm.
Looking for info on the ITM Millenium Wing Shape carbon bars. The sound of them, thinness of the tube walls at the ends, and a scratch test at one end have confirmed that they are alloy with a carbon wrap in the centre, so I will probably try them and see how I go. I have a set of alloy 3T belgian drop bars I could use instead though.
Also, how many cage lengths were the chorus 10 speed rear mechs available in? This one is definitely longer than "short cage", I am guessing only two options, but maybe there were more? Strange to see it on this build, as cranks are standard 135mm BCD and the largest sprocket is either a 23 or 25 (didn't count or look for the number, but it's not a 29, at most a 27, so there would be no need for the long cage mech.

Weighed frame and fork earlier, must say I was pleasantly surprised!
Frame (large), fork, headset, stem and seatpost clamp, 1670g. Not bad for a frame at least 15 years old with threaded BB shell!

I have a record alloy chainset that would look great with this, but the weight of that together with BB is 200g more than the 10 speed carbon version...

Am I becoming a weightweenie? Hopefully not, but I am wondering what weight this could come in at... I also found that a 44cm 3T rotondo bar is 100g lighter than an ITM millennium wing shape in alloy/carbon...

Latest posts

Back