Festive Frolics 2014 - Cancelled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Festive Frolics 2014 - Sunday 28th December 11am Glentress

velomaniac":3iw9hnvh said:
Sorry fella, but as has been said to me before, pick a date and stick with it as getting a decision by consensus rarely works. Merry festivities all the same !

Correct :shock:

Re:

Posted up on Meetup Group about this meet just in case any of them were up for this to potentially bolster numbers. Five so far seem keen, at least one of which does have a couple of retro steeds although I've told him he doesn't need to go retro unless he really wants to. So come on MacRetro, show some interest here :xmas-big-grin:

RobMac":1f9h8ga6 said:
velomaniac":1f9h8ga6 said:
Sorry fella, but as has been said to me before, pick a date and stick with it as getting a decision by consensus rarely works. Merry festivities all the same !

Correct :shock:

Absolutely correct. I'm not complaining. I'm working all week between Christmas and New year so no day would suit me.

Re: Re:

velomaniac":mc5zyqke said:
Just realised that the time of the fat bloke in the ermine trimmed red suit is nearly upon us

John Prescot?

velomaniac":mc5zyqke said:
Posted up on Meetup Group about this meet just in case any of them were up for this to potentially bolster numbers. Five so far seem keen, at least one of which does have a couple of retro steeds although I've told him he doesn't need to go retro unless he really wants to. So come on MacRetro, show some interest here :xmas-big-grin:

Does every ride now have to be a joint venture? :roll:

Re:

Not every ride needs to be a joint venture but unless someone encourages new bods to come along this club will wither on the vine. Few who stumble into MacRetro ever come out riding and its all the same faces. If you'd prefer to become an exclusive clique then just say and I'll get my coat and leave myself. Your choice !

I think you are being a bit touchy Velo.

This site is open to all. The rides are open to all. Can't get much more inclusive than that. If any meet-up people want to join retrobike and come on rides they can, just as any retrobikers can join meet-up and go on their rides. But at least they should be joining the site. A retrobike ride is for people who like retrobikes, even when we are all riding moderns. If someone don't have an appreciation for the retro then retrobike is not the site for them, and neither are the rides. All IMHO of course. YMMV and all that jazz. I just think the cross-over between the two sites should be limited to those who have joined both. ;)

Re:

Have to say that I agree with Barry. I'm all for new riders coming along. An injection of new members would be great for the site, but only if they are active members of the site. If not its more a situation of Macretro tagging along on meet up rides.
The good thing about Macretro is that brings like minded people together from all round Scotland not just one particular area.

Re:

Okey doke, if that's how its to be played then I'll explain the situation to the meetup crew. Second though if an appreciation of retro is what its about then we need to stop this modern bikes are fine on a retrobike meet up regardless of the event. Many of the other area groups try to dissuade folk showing up on new kit, we don't, that is not retrobike. Keep modern kit to modern mtb sites like meetup and retro kit to retrobike.
And please don't give me the appreciating old kits all you need bit. Many riders of modern kit started out in the days of retro but choose not to live in the past. We do live in the past, hence retrobike badge and thus should go with the retro theme..
That's my thoughts and I'll be on something retro at Festive Frolics if we now have the numbers :xmas-cool:

Re: Re:

velomaniac":7x9jy7oq said:
Okey doke, if that's how its to be played then I'll explain the situation to the meetup crew. Second though if an appreciation of retro is what its about then we need to stop this modern bikes are fine on a retrobike meet up regardless of the event. Many of the other area groups try to dissuade folk showing up on new kit, we don't, that is not retrobike. Keep modern kit to modern mtb sites like meetup and retro kit to retrobike.
And please don't give me the appreciating old kits all you need bit. Many riders of modern kit started out in the days of retro but choose not to live in the past. We do live in the past, hence retrobike badge and thus should go with the retro theme..
That's my thoughts and I'll be on something retro at Festive Frolics if we now have the numbers :xmas-cool:

Fairy 'nuff. Put me down for retro. :LOL: :xmas-big-grin:

Re:

We'll i'll hopefully be there on something Retro (Retro is all i own), probably the DH8 as it should be built by then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back