Cancel culture bikes.

...but EV sales are through the floor, Ford lose $36000 on each Mach E and have lost around 3 billion on the ev project. Cancelling a 13 billion investment

Tesla has seen some $189 billion wiped off its value

VW are pausing on a big battery plant with Toyota barely bothered to bring out any ev models

Stellantis are developing new combustion engines and with the flip flopping of governments it is hard to see what the future holds

And anyway, the back pedal brake was a USA and continental thing , I don't know of any UK bikes that ever used them so maybe that's why the military arm of the CTC didn't accept the folder as they were never to UK safely standard

Last edited:
Mmm.. food for thought, and sadly this seems the case.

Before long they will be trying to cancel out the rim brakes on road bikes.
Well if it’s the same generation spending thousands on gravel shit instead of £150 for a nineties kona , and the same again for drop bars and fancy tyres then yes probably.
Fashion and obsolescence have reached into all sports as they all become fashion and marketing fodder.
Think north face, once hardcore now chav and teenager, this whole gravel nonsense, big wheels, e-bikes … all luxury items not good reliable kit.
I am hoarding in preparation for my continuance as an anti hero… I’ve got spare purple real karrimor pertex, and nineties parts…
I’ve got no choice in the helmet but everything else is old and I had most of it before retro was cool..!
The bike from the op looks ok to me, and they don’t hang around on marketplace where there are less rules…
I am a cycloshite disciple also and don’t see the stuff that comes up there so someone is definately buying it fear not!

But that percentage includes nuclear and places like drax burning lorries full of wood ever hour...🤣 i know we built the plant that shreds their chips for them at work.

Renewable errrrrr...not in my book.....trees don't grow that fast...and anyway we haven't got the space.

When they can safely turn off a nuclear reactor for the next 100000 years then thats green and renewable......now we are just leaving a legacy of rubbish for other poor sods to sort out.

Im not saying for one minute that burning fuels is the best thing either, its just we seem very "right on" about electric cars and demonising fossil fuels, when frankly the alternatives are not much better.....more shifting the issues.

The human race needs to do some bigger and probably terribly unpopular thinking pretty soon if it wants to carry on being the world worst tennants to date!

Back