Cancel culture bikes.

amoto65

Senior Retro Guru
I recently tried to list one of my 1970s Batavus folders on the Cycling UK website only to be told I couldn't because it only had a back pedal brake ( which is how it was manufactured) so due to being a Mardy pants and needing the space as I have two of these I decided to adapt it and fit a front brake only for the add to be refused again even though the brake works fine as they said it didn't look suitable, is this the beginning of the world cancelling out retro bikes like they are with Petrol cars?

Attachments

• IMG_20231103_144438_388.jpg
    IMG_20231103_144438_388.jpg
    742 KB · Views: 39
The problem isn't that they told you it was wrong. The problem is that you believed them and changed because they told you to. I would say that the power lies with you, cancel the stupid Cycling UK membership and post that bike where it belongs. RetroBike has a thread for folders and demontables like yours, as well as a big sweaty bike free for all where coaster brake is definitely welcome. There's even a sweaty little coaster in the BOTM competition this month. Or get a Ratrod bikes membership, they'll take anything over there

Actually my Batavus seems to have been omitted from the bike of the month competition ( must be a conspiracy).

Actually my Batavus seems to have been omitted from the bike of the month competition ( must be a conspiracy).
That is probably because it isn't an mtb, your folder being a road bike could be entered in the road bike of the month.

Actually the sweaty little coaster is one of mine.
Lol I was thinking a little "sweatier"

In my experience cycling uk are a bunch of risk adverse kill joys who live for risk assesment forms and who's teaching on roadcraft would get you killed in most urban or rural settings.....because everybody else will be following the highway code to the letter in their cars and trucks around you won't they....🤣

Defensive riding.....what's that then.

Back