Falling Off!

As a kid, before I even had a mountain bike, I remember there was one really steep hill on our housing estate called Clover Hill. It was scary the first time I rode down it, but my confidence grew and grew until one day I decided not to brake for the corner at the bottom.
I went head first into the back of a pickup parked at the side of the road. I remember the point I knew it was going to happen and that it was a dark red Ford Sierra based one. Not entirely sure what happened after. My brother says I was unconscious and he had to pull me out from underneath. I vaguely remember a lot of commotion and I think my dad came to pick me up. Luckily I didn't break anything and my potty helmet (the other kids called it that) probably saved my life.
I was soon out on my bike again - a universal BMX in Black with yellow tyres, grips, and Brake Levers.
The owner of the pickup kept it for quite a few years after and never did get the dent repaired.

My words exactly... Definitely didn't say any swears or anything lol... Actually, the shin one didn't immediately hurt that badly. Think it must've taken the nerve endings with it too & combined with the adrenaline it was like "mehh, look a hole in my leg". It was more later on in the evening when it sank in just how nasty it was. (Eating the steps wasn't overly painful either, because Jack Daniel's)

Back