F1 Silly Season is upon us

Dr S

Old School Grand Master
Its that time of year, so F1 fans, who is going where?

A few predictions

Ferarri- Alonso and Massa

Brawn- Button and Rosberg

Renault??- Kubica

MacLaren- Hamilton and Heidfeld

Any more guesses?

Si

Can Brawn afford to get of barichello if he wins or finsh second in championship ?

Dr S":159fpc4n said:
Its that time of year, so F1 fans, who is going where?

A few predictions

Ferarri- Alonso and Massa

They have problems with staff numbers, at the moment, don't they? ;-)

You'd have to say that at the moment, Massa is a gamble. I suspect, though, that Raikkonnen will still leave.

I don't think anything will really come of the 3 car teams thing.

Brawn- Button and Rosberg

Could be very dependent on the DWC, but aren't both current drivers signed up?

Renault??- Kubica

With so much turmoil and volatility, you'd wonder how many big names will be attracted. Maybe Nelsinho (perhaps senior ;-)).

MacLaren- Hamilton and Heidfeld

Or Raikkonnen - there's been talk, and he's a known quantity. Not sure he fits McLaren's ethos, though. Heidfield's been around a while. I'm thinking either youngblood, or one of the bigger names. Maybe Alonso will suprise ;-)

My predictions:

Brawn: Räikkönen - Rosberg (with Ferrari paying Kimi's salary)
Red Bull: Vettel - Webber
Ferrari: Alonso - Massa (if Alonso isn't banned for racing)
McLaren: Hamilton - Kovalainen
Virgin/Manor F1: Button
Renault: if not banned then Kubica - Grosjean
Williams: Hulkenberg
Sauber: Heidfeld - Fisichella
Force India: Sutil - Liuzzi

Toyota: will leave F1

I'll bet you a fiver that Manor F1 won't even make the grid :LOL:

Ross Brawn would not employ Kimi thats for sure. Brawn likes team players- Kimi's turn up , race, go home attitude would not wash with him. I'm affraid Kimi will be playing rallycars next year.

Archangel":1gyprxf8 said:
My predictions:

Brawn: Räikkönen - Rosberg (with Ferrari paying Kimi's salary)

I can't see them getting rid of both current drivers. I'd go as far as to say (without something really odd happening) that they'll likely keep both.

Red Bull: Vettel - Webber
Ferrari: Alonso - Massa (if Alonso isn't banned for racing)

Why would Alonso get banned - I'm far from his biggest fan, but there's no reason to believe he conspired in Crashgate.

McLaren: Hamilton - Kovalainen

Dunno - can't see Heke getting another year at McLaren. Not unless he ups his game and gets closer to how Hamilton is performing.

Virgin/Manor F1: Button

Can't see Button leaving - or being pushed - from Brawn.

Sauber: Heidfeld - Fisichella

Not sure whether Fisi will be racing, but surely he'll have some relationship with Ferrari, now?

Force India: Sutil - Liuzzi

Liuzzi seems to have done a good job since his return.

Dr S":qy74t7nc said:
Ross Brawn would not employ Kimi thats for sure. Brawn likes team players- Kimi's turn up , race, go home attitude would not wash with him. I'm affraid Kimi will be playing rallycars next year.

I think he'll still have a drive, if he wants to still be in F1. Maybe back at McLaren, possibly Renault (or whatever they may become).

He's been driving well the second half of this season, and he's a world champion.

Neil":1dvgxjzo said:
Dr S":1dvgxjzo said:

I think he'll still have a drive, if he wants to still be in F1. Maybe back at McLaren, possibly Renault (or whatever they may become).

He's been driving well the second half of this season, and he's a world champion.

He's lost interest i think. Don't think he cares for it. Maybe he will start entering Speedboat races dressed as a Gorilla?

Fisi will become The Scuderia's test driver.

Renault will probably be called Charouz System Prodrive Renault next year... or something like that. The rumours are gathering strength by the hour

Welcome to the FIA 2010 Formula 1 season!

t1_soapbox2.jpg

Back