The justification game

My mountain bike friends have said something similar. One of them suggested that one day the missus will casually reel off the exact specs of one of my bikes making it abundantly clear she knows exactly what I've been buying 🤣

Her stash of clothing I haven't got a scooby doo about it. Stuff comes into the house, most of it looks exactly the same as the rest of her stuff, and she claims it all gets returned - yet the bedroom and attic resembles a jumble sale.

Her memory is certainly formidable. I was struggling to find a remote for some piece of equipment I hadn't used in a decade - showed her a picture of it online and she pointed out the box it was in within a minute.
Mine ditto 😂

Excellent thread TRed.

Things which no longer work:

It was cheap...
I have been wanting one since the 1990s...
When I sell it I will get more for it...
It's for Alex...(this doesn't work because he now has as many bikes as I do...)
There are only five of them in existence...

Seriously, none of these work in our household.

Things which do work:

I need it because Alex nicked my other one (this is almost always true)
Well...one in, one out...

This latter remains the most helpful, since there are SO many bikes in SO many places around here that even I can't keep tabs on exactly what's where and what's gone and what's coming...

2 rules.

Involve the women in cycling, or find one that is.

Take them Shopping.

End.

Space, for it all .......another matter.😇

I think what we need is some form of shared ownership basis, where by all of those with 10 or more bikes convene at a mutually neutral location once a year with a minimum of 1/3 of their bikes and parts, the intent being to "give them away" thus allowing more space and a happy partner. the return to home must however be very carefully considered, as, given the enclosed pool of members, you will be returning with a minimum of 1/3 of someone else bike collection.

I'd suggest we name this the bike club, the first rule of which is "always make tea for the person visiting", I find this far better than "you don't talk about bike club".

I'm acutally shocked my other half justified us building a building (shed) at the bottom of the garden for me and my bikes *love*

Back