F1 Silly Season is upon us

Don't know about predicting driver line ups but it's nice to see Lotus back in there, even if they will be based in the far east soon....

They need to change that paint scheme back to black and gold though.... :D

I'm not sure Alonso will go to Ferrari, they may not arse lick him enough there.... isn't that why he left McLaren to go back to Renault?

rosstheboss":3a27nkrs said:
Don't know about predicting driver line ups but it's nice to see Lotus back in there, even if they will be based in the far east soon....

They need to change that paint scheme back to black and gold though.... :D

Its just a name though, there is no connection with the original Hethel team. This team is based around the Litespeed F3 team.

Strange decision to move the team out east- there is absolutly no supporting infrastructure out there, whereas there is loads around Norfolk. Its just like Toyota being in Germany- its madness! If you want to win in F1 you need to be based in the midlands. Even Ferarri's main facilities are now over here.

Why you got the grump on with F1 HB? You did not actually watch race did you? You should never do that.

Si

legrandefromage":fvvbhg36 said:
Welcome to the FIA 2010 Formula 1 season!

Team budgets slashed to pay for Bernies face lift & Max's brothel bill

Lawnmower_Racing_-_View_2.jpg

iv'e never understood f1's points and cash thing but i do like the crashes :cool: :cool: (ps only the little spin out ones not the nasty ones) :cool: :cool: :cool:

im more tractor racing ;) :D

I agree – Kimi to WRC

Saw highlights of him when he rallied this year and his attitude was 100% better, he was more animated in the interviews and showed real passion – something that has been lacking in his F1 persona for many years.

Button to stay at Brawn.

Alonso to Ferrari (no smoke without fire and the entire press office has been talking about that one for too long not to happen)

Could see Barry going to one of the new teams, a wealth of experience that would be invaluable (assuming he doesn't steal the championship from Button in the final few races, in which case I'd tip him to stay at Brawn)

It'll be great to see Massa back too

Dr S":wliby6r4 said:
Neil":wliby6r4 said:
Dr S":wliby6r4 said:
Ross Brawn would not employ Kimi thats for sure. Brawn likes team players- Kimi's turn up , race, go home attitude would not wash with him. I'm affraid Kimi will be playing rallycars next year.

I think he'll still have a drive, if he wants to still be in F1. Maybe back at McLaren, possibly Renault (or whatever they may become).

He's been driving well the second half of this season, and he's a world champion.

He's lost interest i think. Don't think he cares for it. Maybe he will start entering Speedboat races dressed as a Gorilla?

I think he's not been completely at home at Ferrari. And true enough, he has looked as if his motivation has dropped. But he's come on strong the latter part of this season, and he may well find in the right time he's in a better place.

Still my favourite driver, reminds me of James Hunt a bit.

Dr S":e8g8c0fn said:
He's lost interest i think. Don't think he cares for it. Maybe he will start entering Speedboat races dressed as a Gorilla?
Kimi has never looked as though he was interested. I think he has done well at Ferrari considering that he found that Massa was family and he wasn't. Everybody expected him to beat Massa, but when he found they were pretty much equal he just got on with it. None of the prima donna stuff we got from Alonso when he was in almost exactly the same situation.
Dr S":e8g8c0fn said:
Renault will probably be called Charouz System Prodrive Renault next year... or something like that. The rumours are gathering strength by the hour
Don't discount the possibility that it will be called Briatore F1.

FB made some very disparaging remarks about Ross Brawn earlier in 2009, as if to say 'who do you think you are, upstart, having your name on a winning car?' and making himself seem very jealous.

Sacking Piquet doesn't seem all that sensible at the moment, but if he doesn't get banned from F1, it could begin to look quite a sly way of acquiring an F1 team on the cheap.

The odd thing about Ferrari & Kimi relationship has been all the time that the Ferrari car is basically the one that Schumi likes to drive. And Kimi hates that kind of car. They didn't bother develop it to handle like Kimi wants to, even after he won the WC in '07.

When everyone's saying that his '08 season was a disappointment, which is was, one has to remember that he should have won in France, Canada and Belgium but Lady Luck was not on his side for the whole season.
After Spa he clearly lost interest.

It was funny when there was speak in early '08 how Massa should be sacked and then all of a sudden he was the golden boy. But if you look at the races like Silverstone and Spa in 2008, Massa was not good and far off from Kimi.

About Brawn: if Merc acquires 75% of the team as it has been rumored, then Merc has everything to say and they keep Kimi in very high esteem. And they also want a German to drive their car. Heidfeld is damaged goods but Rosberg is a champion in the making.

McLaren is nowadays Hamilton's team and he and his daddy want Heikki to stay as Lewis' wingman so that's why I'd say Kovalainen will continue in there.

Back