F1 How Awful To See Vettel's Decline!

highlandsflyer":36bdb1hi said:
I can't imagine ever putting chasing kitty on hold, not for anything.

Glad even high achievers like Hamilton are with me.

Vettel must be impotent.
Both Schumacher and Vettel are parents...

Sooo, the impotence thing, kinda unlikely.

And whilst normal people would have certain priorities, and their heads always turned. People at that level of sport aren't normal people. The ones that do compromise? In this day and age, don't tend to achieve as much, or as consistently. But surely most get to that level through single-mindedness - bit of a shame to get there, then get a bit distracted, and lose some of that.

If the "millionaire Paul Daniels" has taught us anything, it's that money and a certain degree of fame will likely always provide certain company.

Re:

Vettel had a baby proves nothing, it was the work of a turkey baster. His woman is a beard.

We all know he is a little girl's blouse.

To get the most out of being at the top, you have to enjoy all the perks while you are there.

In my view of course.

After all, you might get hit by a bus tomorrow.

I bet that goes through every driver's mind as they hurtle around the track at 180mph.

I guess that is why they have private jets, and leave the buses to the crews.

Re: Re:

highlandsflyer":2fcd0xey said:
Vettel had a baby proves nothing, it was the work of a turkey baster. His woman is a beard.

We all know he is a little girl's blouse.

To get the most out of being at the top, you have to enjoy all the perks while you are there.

In my view of course.

After all, you might get hit by a bus tomorrow.

I bet that goes through every driver's mind as they hurtle around the track at 180mph.

I guess that is why they have private jets, and leave the buses to the crews.
Not that I don't get how the common / normal man would see their lifestyle for...

But all the same - you look at the multi-world champions in recent times - Schumacher, Alonso, Vettel. There's a certain focus, there, doesn't mean they don't have a life, but there is a certain consistency and less emphasis on the lifestyle, and more on achieving their ambitions.

When Hamilton talks, does he give the impression that he doesn't want to be a multi-world-champion like Schumacher, Vettel and Alonso? I'd say the build up to his life, for quite some time, has been primarily about that. Do I think he's got the talent for it? Yes. I just remain to be convinced that he's got the consistency, the focus and willingness to put aside distractions, and emotional robustness (if you'll forgive the Oxford comma) to replicate Schumacher and Vettel in their achievements.

As somebody who's life, up to now, has all been about getting to F1 and succeeding, do I think if he looks back in 50 years time, and says: "Well I got 3 world championships - could have had more, but then I got to party..." - what do I think he'd value more? More world championships, or a more fun lifestyle - that realistically, all he probably needs to do, is retreat back from the distractions of fame, diamond earrings, and getting conformist tattoos (that most get because they think they're being individual) - but probably only for a relatively brief period whilst he aspires to achieve his potential in F1.

superstar1":3oabdlp7 said:
Hamilton won a races with an inferior car for years, lets see what Vettel's made of because its not a done deal that Redbull will get the car sorted this season to be seriously competitive.

You're quite right...Hammilton is top of the F1 drivers Top Gear table so must be the better driver

Re:

Donning earrings has harmed Christiano Ronaldo's game? Multiple tattoos and earrings prevented Beckam playing out his career strongly?

I don't reckon a bit if bling does any harm.

michael-jordan-2.jpg

0701_EC_64_Z%2BCarl_Lewis%2Bin_car_posing.jpg

Re:

Vetted seems an ok chap to me. Still haven't forgiven Schumacher. Only their friends and family know for sure.

Last GP I saw was won by a certain mr hunt at silverstone so what do I know about this age of PR savvie corporately fluent cookie cutter drivers.

Re: Re:

highlandsflyer":249gudcl said:

Yet if you do enjoy the perks you'll never make it to the top. I think Hamilton is probably the most naturally gifted driver on the grid but I can't help thinking that if he'd just focus on the job of being the best driver he'd have more than one title to his name by now. The pop star girlfriend, rumored music career, flying from Monaco to London just to get a haircut during race weekend etc all point to a driver with too many distractions compared to his peers. Being the most gifted in any sport does not guarantee results, you also need 100% commitment or else you'll look back on your career thinking what could have been...

highlandsflyer":249gudcl said:
Donning earrings has harmed Christiano Ronaldo's game? Multiple tattoos and earrings prevented Beckam playing out his career strongly?

If you believe anybody who has worked with Ronaldo he's one of the hardest training and most dedicated footballers out there. Beckham on the other hand could have been one of the greats but Fergie saw that he was carrying too much baggage to fulfill his potential so shipped him out to Madrid. He was a good footballer but he won't go down as one of the greats, which is a shame. Lewis Hamilton should take note.

I think to enjoy the perks of being at the top you probably need to be there first. Now staying at the top is something else, but as far as driving for a living, the top probably includes the top ten F1 drivers, of which Hamilton is certainly one.

I disagree about Beckam. I think he will go down as one of the greats, not only as a footballer but as an iconic international sports figure.

highlandsflyer":2e33e7o8 said:
I think to enjoy the perks of being at the top you probably need to be there first. Now staying at the top is something else, but as far as driving for a living, the top probably includes the top ten F1 drivers, of which Hamilton is certainly one.
I wouldn't necessarily disagree - at least on talent / ability.

I suspect Hamilton wants to make it as one of the truly elite - and why not - it appears he has the ability. As per what Fudd said, really - the problem he has, is that it takes everything to be able to do what Schumacher or Vettel have done, and so far, whether it's unfair inferences, or otherwise, his whimsical behaviour with other aspects of his life, and the manner in which emotion, and whether he's up, this week, or down, seem to be undermining his commitment to being as great, or at least as consistent as the truly exceptional.

Maybe in retrospect, in the far future, he'll be happy with how things have panned out - and who's to say what he'll still yet achieve. But the history books and F1 as an establishment will take under advisement perceptions of exceptional talent - but ultimately, results are results.

Sure Vettel has had a trying early part to this season - but here's the thing about him, how strong Ricciardo has been so far, I expect that'll just make Vettel all the more determined to get on top of his current car. But all the same, for people like him or Schumacher, I never recall the occasional comments by the pundits, of how their chin had dropped, how they've seemed a bit emotionally low, and how it seems to be affecting their performance. Yet I have heard commentators say that about Hamilton a few times over the years - people thinking that, and commenting about it, who are more than simply us as television viewers, is more than simply surface appreciation - they get to see and have contact with the drivers a fair amount.

Gosh, maybe this all comes down to values.

Chasing Shitslinger certainly doesn't seem like a whimsy.

The woman you mate with is a hell of a lot more important than the next million, or world championship, once you already gained those marks.

That is the way I like to think, and my excuse for never achieving much else than mating with the woman of my dreams!

:)

Back