Mantis XCR-EC frame, NOS Haro fluoro frame, international shipping available

incorrigible

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I have a few items on fleabay that you may find interesting.
  • Mantis XCR-EC raw frame-only, 20” c-t, 18.25” c-c, includes new BB bearings
  • NOS Haro Extreme fluoro frame-only, 21.5” c-c
  • NOS pairs of folding MTB 26” tires
    • White Geax Saguaros
    • White Schwalbe Rocket Rons
    • Cream Magic Panaracers (both rear)
https://www.ebay.com/sch/captaincaffeine/m.html?item=115638669805&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.m3561.l2562

Anyone anywhere who wins any of my auctions and who is already a member of Retrobike as of this posting will receive a 10% discount off of the final auction value, which I will reimburse via Paypal F&F after all else is said and done.

I’ll be using eBay’s international standard delivery service to ship internationally from USA, so SUPPOSEDLY there shouldn’t be any unexpected, last-minute “surprise” fees. The main drawback is that I can’t list an item as a gift, so there may be customs fees, but I’LL COVER THE CUSTOMS FEES VIA PAYPAL AS LONG AS I CAN GET A COPY OF THE RECEIPT SHOWING THAT CUSTOMS FEES WERE PAID FOR A PARTICULAR ITEM. Ahem. Sorry I yelled.

Please overlook the pandering, obsequious “used-car-salesman-speak” in my Mantis eBay auction; I did that to motivate non-bike-enthusiast buyers who may be getting a gift for their significant other.

That said,…..<cue the uplifting harp music>….just imagine yourself riding a fully-restored Mantis XCR-EC as your senses come alive with a newfound joy in life; the indescribable feeling of unbridled freedom as the fresh air courses thru your hair and the gentle sound of the wind caresses your ears, the smells of nature all around you, your confidence bolstered, undaunted by the steep challenges up ahead as you take this fully capable, rugged, trusty steed offroad, the smiling, nodding approval and hearty “thumbs up” from distinguished members of your community, the admiration of your friends and family, and the swoons of adoration from members of the opposite sex who will no doubt find you much more attractive than they thought previously………..all because of this bike. 😂

Of course,….<cue the sad violin music>…….you COULD continue muddling along in your sad, misguided life, never daring to be different, to “think outside the box”, or to try something new, never experiencing the excitement and the thrill of riding a Mantis XCR-EC, the bitter taste of regret of a missed opportunity constantly gnawing at you like a festering sore that never heals, your entire body wracked by the never-ending remorse, guilt, and sorrow due to your inaction, the incessant sobbing, the endless nights lying awake in the dark questioning your poor judgement, the psychotherapy bills piling up, the bitter shame and inevitable alienation of your friends and family, strangers pointing and laughing at you, the neighbor’s children chasing and kicking you, small dogs attacking you, your cat choosing to do his business on the carpet instead of in the catbox, even birds going out of their way to defecate on you from above, your heart and mind stressed to the limit, the ensuing nervous breakdown, and the resulting inevitable spiral downward into the endless black hole of depression for the rest of your days until you finally shuffle off this mortal coil and go on to your final, ultimate resting place to meet your maker who then tells you “uh, you COULD have had a Mantis! Did you not see all the signs I put before you?”…….all this because you wanted to save a bit of money by passing on a rare opportunity. How will you feel then, hmm? But hey, no pressure. 🤣(Eat your heart out, Tommy Boy)

There are occasions on here when my attempts at humor have been met with deafening silence.
🦗 🦗 🦗 (crickets)
Hopefully this is not one of those occasions, and the auctions are for real.

Merry Christmas!!

Last edited by a moderator:
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I have a few items on fleabay that you may find interesting.
  • Mantis XCR-EC raw frame-only, 20” c-t, 18.25” c-c, includes new BB bearings
  • NOS Haro Extreme fluoro frame-only, 21.5” c-c
  • NOS pairs of folding MTB 26” tires
    • White Geax Saguaros
    • White Schwalbe Rocket Rons
    • Cream Magic Panaracers (both rear)
https://www.ebay.com/sch/captaincaffeine/m.html?item=115638669805&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.m3561.l2562

Anyone anywhere who wins any of my auctions and who is already a member of Retrobike as of this posting will receive a 10% discount off of the final auction value, which I will reimburse via Paypal F&F after all else is said and done.

I’ll be using eBay’s international standard delivery service to ship internationally from USA, so SUPPOSEDLY there shouldn’t be any unexpected, last-minute “surprise” fees. The main drawback is that I can’t list an item as a gift, so there may be customs fees, but I’LL COVER THE CUSTOMS FEES VIA PAYPAL AS LONG AS I CAN GET A COPY OF THE RECEIPT SHOWING THAT CUSTOMS FEES WERE PAID FOR A PARTICULAR ITEM. Ahem. Sorry I yelled.

Please overlook the pandering, obsequious “used-car-salesman-speak” in my Mantis eBay auction; I did that to motivate non-bike-enthusiast buyers who may be getting a gift for their significant other.

That said,…..<cue the uplifting harp music>….just imagine yourself riding a fully-restored Mantis XCR-EC as your senses come alive with a newfound joy in life; the indescribable feeling of unbridled freedom as the fresh air courses thru your hair and the gentle sound of the wind caresses your ears, the smells of nature all around you, your confidence bolstered, undaunted by the steep challenges up ahead as you take this fully capable, rugged, trusty steed offroad, the smiling, nodding approval and hearty “thumbs up” from distinguished members of your community, the admiration of your friends and family, and the swoons of adoration from members of the opposite sex who will no doubt find you much more attractive than they thought previously………..all because of this bike. 😂

Of course,….<cue the sad violin music>…….you COULD continue muddling along in your sad, misguided life, never daring to be different, to “think outside the box”, or to try something new, never experiencing the excitement and the thrill of riding a Mantis XCR-EC, the bitter taste of regret of a missed opportunity constantly gnawing at you like a festering sore that never heals, your entire body wracked by the never-ending remorse, guilt, and sorrow due to your inaction, the incessant sobbing, the endless nights lying awake in the dark questioning your poor judgement, the psychotherapy bills piling up, the bitter shame and inevitable alienation of your friends and family, strangers pointing and laughing at you, the neighbor’s children chasing and kicking you, small dogs attacking you, your cat choosing to do his business on the carpet instead of in the catbox, even birds going out of their way to defecate on you from above, your heart and mind stressed to the limit, the ensuing nervous breakdown, and the resulting inevitable spiral downward into the endless black hole of depression for the rest of your days until you finally shuffle off this mortal coil and go on to your final, ultimate resting place to meet your maker who then tells you “uh, you COULD have had a Mantis! Did you not see all the signs I put before you?”…….all this because you wanted to save a bit of money by passing on a rare opportunity. How will you feel then, hmm? But hey, no pressure. 🤣(Eat your heart out, Tommy Boy)

There are occasions on here when my attempts at humor have been met with deafening silence.
🦗 🦗 🦗 (crickets)
Hopefully this is not one of those occasions, and the auctions are for real.

Merry Christmas!
I like your style incorrigible, those reasons are exactly why I spend hard earned £ on obsolete bike bits 😁 nice adverts too.

Happy Chanukah to all those celebrating 🕎 🍾🎉🎉!

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
@Atmos, @MT62,
Try going to eBay and searching for items by my eBay username captaincaffeine. Try both
eBay in USA and
eBay in UK If that doesn’t work for you, just let me know and I’ll see what I can do about it.

There are a couple of countries in the world that I’ve blocked because I’ve seen plenty of documentaries about internet scams (including eBay) and I understand that the situation exists because their governments don’t seek out and prosecute internet crimes. I certainly don’t want to start a political discussion here, but if you still can’t see the auction, let me know which country you’re from and I’ll try to find a way to work around the issue.

They say that hindsight is 20-20. Well, I think it’s possible that I’ve set myself up to take a big loss here, because, as I recall, shipping to Australia and Wales cost triple what it costs to ship to UK and most of Europe, and so I imagine customs fees might also be fairly steep. I didn’t think about that until just now. Oh well, you live and learn. I suspect that RBers of the Aussie and Welsh persuasions stand to benefit in this scenario whereby I’m taking on the customs fees, and I don’t want to go back on my word, so I’ll leave it as is, learn from my oversight, and be that much more enlightened going forward. Let's see how it plays out.

@narcotitlan
Thanks for the compliment. I’m not a salesman by trade; I just find the style of salesmanship to be amusing, as if an approving nod from the Bishop or strangers pointing and laughing at me might sway my decision one way or another. :rolleyes::LOL:

@ Mod-Master
No luck on the Funk as of yet. I suspect the Ti Funk is still available, but as a Christmas gift, I usually get a funky tie. ;)😁

La Cravate du Funque.jpg

@tangent
Thanks very much!

@jimi911
So what’s holding you back? Should I invoke the time-tested "limited time offer" salesmanship technique?;)🙂

Once I get some money in maybe😉that ti funk is lovely, I do prefer the colourful ones because the dropouts look cooler on that.

Might have a crack on that mantis as well😉

Shipping normally kills buying things from off shore though.

Back