Excited!! Tiny Alpinestars content . . .

mamadirt":18btxr7i said:
Yes it is, maybe slightly darker - that's three blue bikes now - I need to mix it up a bit :LOL:

Do you still have it?

Unfortunately not :( tbh I wish I did though :roll:

Ha ha, I'm the same with everything I ever sell - I've even bought a couple back in the past :facepalm: Hope I can hold onto this one a little longer.

All done . . . for now - ready to ride anyway.

Before . . .

p4pb12750110.jpg

After . . .

p5pb12750057.jpg

p5pb12750056.jpg

Replaced a few of the rusty bolts with blue ti, not for any attempt at weight-saving (that seat weighs as much as a small car) but because I like the colour :LOL: . Managed to source a matching DX brake for the back, swapped the slicks for a pair of Ritchey ZMax Evos, swapped the stem for one slightly more in-keeping with the length and rise of the original spec and fitted an NOS retro Selle Italia seat as a nod towards the brand's Italian beginnings - everything else is pretty much original and in really good nick. The USophile in me makes no apologies for the hideous red cable outers and USA flag bandana though :oops:

Feels a very different beast to the Cro-Mega T24 - those rear stays are huge!! Be interesting to take it on a longer ride to see how it fares comfort-wise.

regan_ev":11y889v1 said:
I'd like this pic nominated for September"s PoTM "Navigation"

Entries are still open but be quick! ;)

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=332113

Ooooh, I hadn't spotted that. Done! :D

Bullpup":11y889v1 said:
Wow! By the way how do you fit your Ourys?

They're actually Oury copies but are MX grips so one has a larger bore than the other. The smaller diameter grip just slid on easily with a little photo spray mount, the larger one I wrapped tape around the bar first. Both seem to have stayed put so far . . .

. . . although I have an evil plan (skinny flat bars are so alien to me). Purist look away now . . . :twisted:

mamadirt":3ln02zvi said:
Just been to pick up something rather tiny and rather nice which I know a few folks on here have shown interest in :p

p5pb12731547.jpg

!

Just been to pick up something rather tiny and rather nice which I know a few folks on here have shown interest in

New footwear ? :p

nice work on the bike ... like the starts and stripes touch :cool:

Looking good Lynne, now can I recommend a Camelbak or maybe some chainmail gloves ;)

mamadirt":2pgvqjd7 said:
Oooh, I'll look forward to seeing that when it's done Adrian :cool:

Don't hold your breath obviously :LOL:

Back