Eroica's coming to the UK

I fear they have fecked up their database - there are apologies on their Facebook fanpage ....

Not a great start but I think it is teething issues ...

I can't make the RRV so I'm going to do this ...

I agree 70 pounds is a bit steep. But there is a discount if you're over 65, which leaves me just ten years. :LOL:

Ugo I've been in contact with the organisers about this as I had been promised £55 too. Apparently they've had issues with their lists and the booking engine.

If you e-mail them they are going to sort this out on Monday. This was confirmed on Twitter this lunchtime.

I had an e-mail yesterday inviting me to place my entry, at a price of £70.

I have sent the organisers an e-mail asking what happened to the £55 fee, as it is still shown on the entry web page.

ugo.santalucia":12be2x5y said:
Apparently even the few they had promised a reduced 55 pounds entry fee, will have to pay 70 pounds... I know as I was confirmed to be one of them and I have now received the e-mail inviting me to register at full price. I had already changed my mind about it, but I like to point out that the organisers greed is simply staggering. By June they'll probably have changed their mind about the format of the event altogether...

Do yourself a favour and save your money... go to the Retroronde in Belgium instead

Already booked Belgium and I'm glad I did, see you there.

L'Eroica 3 days = 55/70 quid plus free (i bloody well hope) camping , bakewell pies/tarts, good beer country.
2014 tour of pembs 1 day =25/40 A coaster and some sponsored feed zones, expensive beer at the end.
Doing both, bit of a busman's holiday.
One on my doorstep the other in the nicest part of England IMHO
Tec hitches are a fact of life, been on the receiving end too many times so i kinda feel sorry for them. Any way here's a little something to watch, if only to admire facial hair and a clever presentation trick.
http://youtu.be/4W-3Mnu3Ovo

Interesting that the FaceBook message says it is a "small group" who have received emails with a PIN code giving access to the £55 entry. I registered my interest too late but have received one of these emails. For what it is worth, I am sceptical that the group I am in is 'small' because if it was why would the organisers not have been able to quickly email us all directly. I wonder I'd they've inadvertently emailed everyone.

Alternatively, it would be clever marketing, if faced with cash flow problems, to do this and then follow it up with a time limited offer to enter at £55 with a short deadline after which we revert to the higher cost.

Has anyone who registered not deceived this email "We're On Sale! Secure Your L'Eroica Britannia Place NOW!" with the £55 entry cost?

And for what it is worth I had already decided not to do the Eroica Britannia next year. But I will go to the Chiltern Cycling Festival http://chilterncyclingfestival.com/.

I had my email 5.16pm on Friday, one of the first 500 to pre-register £55. I have until the 20th of January to respond. I wasn't worried about the price at £55 although I wouldn't pay £70. The main worry now is all the negativity. I've only had a quick read through this post but I thought they would have launched this event with at least some involvement with Retrobike, it is where most of any potential riders are going to be hanging out. That kind of suggests a lack of knowledge on the event organisers part. I'm part of the generation that isn't on Facetube :) so its no use updating there.

I'll watch this space.

Back