Ephgrave, value

Re:

I'm not sure of the year my bike was built, but I'm guessing it was mid 60s. Your's must be late 50s?

Re: Re:

chim100":25dz9o4i said:
I'm no expert as can be proved because I was about to take the bike to the dump! :roll:

Now there's a coincidence as that's where my one came from! ;)

Re: Re:

godders":14x04vfz said:
chim100":14x04vfz said:
I'm no expert as can be proved because I was about to take the bike to the dump! :roll:

Now there's a coincidence as that's where my one came from! ;)
You were lucky that you were able to take it away - so many 'recyling centres' will not allow people picking up items left.

Re:

Argos have recently refinished this No1. Spear Point frame number 3083 (1958?) for me.

I was alerted to it locally, made a deal and sold off the modern parts. I promised the previous owner I'd return it to its former glory.. which turned out not to be an inexpensive process.

However - it does look rather lovely. Too small for me, so it may have to appear on the for sale list at some point.

Paul

Devizes, Wiltshire

Attachments

• DSC_2699 Reduced.jpg
    DSC_2699 Reduced.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 633
  • DSC_2719 Reduced.jpg
    DSC_2719 Reduced.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 633
Re:

That's a great paint job :) hope you don't mind me asking but what was the cost to get the frame set done?
Mick

Re:

That is an Epgrave No 1 "lollipop" about late 'fifties/early 'sixties, if you will also find the frame No also stamped on the steering tube if they haven't been replaced. My Ephgrave No.2 is early 'sixties, No. 3782 LE [frame and forks]. These frames are VERY sought-after and shouldn't be sold short.

Re:

Very interested reading this thread develop. I have an ephgrave no1frame and forks matching number 2971LE. Needs a derailleur hanger repair and a repaint and a few period correct components and bobs your uncle.

Would welcome colour scheme suggestions, it is and looks like it was always black but I fancy something a bit more eye catching!

CheersRay

Re:

Very interested reading this thread develop. I have an ephgrave no1frame and forks matching number 2971LE (estimated to be 1956) needs a derailleur hanger repair and a repaint and a few period correct components and bobs your uncle.

Would welcome colour scheme suggestions, it is and looks like it was always black but I fancy something a bit more eye catching! Any suggestions for repairer and painter?

CheersRay

Back