Dyna-Tech Sentinel Work in Progress

whutn18885

Dirt Disciple
I have recently acquired from the bay of E a early 90's (I think early 90's) Raleigh Dyna-Tech Sentinel with Exage 500LX gruppo. The seller has fitted a RS2 fork and some shorter reach brake levers (in the original brake housing). Everything else is standard including the Smoke tyres and brake pads.

This is how it looks at the mo:

I will be makes some changes to make it more suited to my riding and for safety purposes, crucially I will be converting it to a 1x7 speed using the middle ring from the chainset with some new chainring bolts.

I will also be fitting the original rigid forks as they are in mint condition having only covered a few hundred miles! Boxed for the last 20 years

The plan is to blend old with new to end up with something that still looks period but is nice and light without spending a fortune. Some of the below upgrades is stuff I have already.

New Bars:

Saddle (already have):

RH Shifter (already have):

New Tyres:

New grips:

New Chain and Cassette:

New Bar Ends (Green):

New Headset:

It will have new Koolstop pads and new cables throughout as well. The rest will stay as is, The wheels are heavy but running true so they will be fine as will the seatpost, rear mech, cranks (converted to single ring) etc

Will post more pics when its all built up.

Cheers

By 'safety purposes' I mean putting on some new pads and tyres. Don't trust pads and tubes that are 20+ years old lol !

Back