1992 Raleigh Dyna-Tech MT4

Once A Hero

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
The second of my recent Dyna-Tech acquisitions, a 1992 MT4 Titanium.

This came loaded with a bunch of mismatched / random parts, some period correct, some not, and to my eyes not an entirely cohesive assembly.

I plan to go period correct (+/- a year say) and have many of the parts at hand to go more or less in line with an Ogre XT spec.

What I don’t have is an original fork however, so if anyone has one or knows of one please let me know 👍 I’ll pull together a list of parts I’ll be looking for in the near future.

In the meantime here’s a few pics following a complete strip down and quick wash.

IMG_5948.jpeg

IMG_5947.jpeg

IMG_5943.jpeg

IMG_5941.jpeg

Didn’t know “glitter” was a thing for 90’s MTB paint jobs :oops:
IMG_5942.jpeg

I need to find the following;

- Deore XT 1”1/8th headset
- Deore XT M730/2 XT hub’d wheelset on Bontrager BCR rims
- Zoom stem, 1”1/8th quill, in black
- Deore XT seatpost, 27mm dia I guess
- Vetta Lite saddle
- Tioga Hound & Trail Dawg tyres

Think I can find the rest :cool:

Last edited:
Hang fire on the post not 100% but I think it's 26.6 or .8. I'll have to check mine
I appreciate that.
XT seatposts are pretty hard to find in anything under 27.2 generally, so not expecting the search to be an easy one.
Hope it's 26.8 though as I have a couple of those I could use temporarily!

OK thanks!
I have a couple of XT in that size which I keep meaning to put on my Yetis, so I shall borrow one for this build. Hope it fits!

My Dyna tech Quantum of similar age took a 26.4mm post. I sold the post to a chap who was fitting it to his MT4. In case the 26.8 is too big then this maybe what you need.

Latest posts

Back