Drugs in cycling again

Australian cricket team <insert any cricket team ever> found cheating / bending the rules / adhering to the rules by the letter but not necessarily in-line with expectations.

Same shit, different sport.

al-onestare":miem7yxf said:
Australian cricket team <insert any cricket team ever> found cheating / bending the rules / adhering to the rules by the letter but not necessarily in-line with expectations.

Same shit different sport.

^ You make a great point.

And against the general consensus of opinion here my feet are firmly in the camp below, it was after all Sky who formally requested and were given permission for the TUE (call it gaming the system if you will) and agree or not it WAS ultimately sanctioned by the doctors of the governing body and legal/within the rules.
I agree with LGF’s comment also,however the TUE was granted by independent medical experts belonging to the governing body who were comfortable with the dosage when they set the limits long before Sky approached them.

My_Teenage_Self":miem7yxf said:
I may be misinterpreting this, but as I see
1. Wiggins (team sky, whatever) was granted a TUE for the drug prior to the event(s). Medically, it was proven necessary, and approved.

2. Logic dictates (IMO) that if the drug was needed, then it should be applied at a point that would allow maximum benefit. That is, in essence, the point of any drug, especially if used as a prophylactic.

3. They did not exceed allowed dosage.

??? I don't get the fuss.

It's kinda like booking your wedding for February, and not getting a flu jab that year.

Personally Wiggins gets right up my nose, whilst stickman Froome the most awkward looking rider to ever “grace” a bike who I admire would appear to have taken things to a whole different level.

Been watching Paris - Nice on ITV4 and I see Roglic is in the lead.

What's folks thoughts on him?

His utter domination in last years tour and other races until the massive slump in the TT makes me a bit suspicious! The day he left Bernal for dead and didn't even look like he was trying at all. When Bernal was asked about it he said he'd felt OK and his numbers were decent! So what does that mean Roglic was at?

IJohnson":2e4e3job said:
Been watching Paris - Nice on ITV4 and I see Roglic is in the lead.

What's folks thoughts on him?

His utter domination in last years tour and other races until the massive slump in the TT makes me a bit suspicious! The day he left Bernal for dead and didn't even look like he was trying at all. When Bernal was asked about it he said he'd felt OK and his numbers were decent! So what does that mean Roglic was at?

But he fell apart when it counted at le Tour and you could argue that his team has carried him a little too much, so his true form had been somewhat over-played. Bernal was nowhere and way-off the pace.

If we want to talk proper suspicious, in recent time, Chris Horner and the Vuelta anyone? :LOL:

Back