Drugs in cycling again

I may be misinterpreting this, but as I see it;

1. Wiggins (team sky, whatever) was granted a TUE for the drug prior to the event(s). Medically, it was proven necessary, and approved.

2. Logic dictates (IMO) that if the drug was needed, then it should be applied at a point that would allow maximum benefit. That is, in essence, the point of any drug, especially if used as a prophylactic.

3. They did not exceed allowed dosage.

??? I don't get the fuss.

It's kinda like booking your wedding for February, and not getting a flu jab that year.

My_Teenage_Self":1vsyblgf said:
??? I don't get the fuss.

much as I don't like it, the fuss is

the mysterious package Wiggins had delivered. Seems a very covert operation, not that far removed from Discovery's Moto man

the loss of laptops with vital (incriminating?) information

the Sky image of being above it all, publishing blood data etc. It gave us something to believe in. That's now tarnished

The drug used is for when you are in hospital and when other asthma drugs are no longer effective. Not for bloody clearing the lungs of a pro-cyclist so he can race. If his 'asthma' was so bad he shouldnt have been cycling

legrandefromage":12o9792d said:
The drug used is for when you are in hospital and when other asthma drugs are no longer effective. Not for bloody clearing the lungs of a pro-cyclist so he can race. If his 'asthma' was so bad he shouldnt have been cycling
yep! I'd go so far as to say if you have a physical condition that in itself is a hindrance to sport, then you shouldn't be a pro sportsman. What next? - someone's legs are smaller than average, so to allow him to compete, he can have steroids? Look at what you do have that's good and apply that to your profession.

my personal opinion only

The reason I'm so pissed off with this is that when I was given the same drug, I was an hour from being stuck on a ventilator, not getting ready to race

Re: Re:

RadNomad":xapoev4d said:
1. Wiggins states in his book he never had injections except normal vaccinations or whatever, then later we find out he DID have injections.
2. Those injections just happen to occur immediately BEFORE significant races. Races in which he performed well.
3. No mention of TUEs in his biography.
4. Package specially delivered from Manchester to France, across international boarder, yet the guy carrying it expects us to believe he didn't know the contents and didn't care to ask.
5. Brailsford et al evasive at hearing.
6. Sky's legendary transparency about biodata etc shown by fancy bears hack to be anything but transparent.

Innocent? Oh give me a break. They are guilty of cheating and they all know it. Yeah TUEs are within the rules blah blah but their clandestine activities show they didn't want this grubby story to break and that in itself demonstrates they know full well their activities are unethical. IMO Wiggins is a cheat. No wonder he's retired hoping it'll all go away.

Yup.. predicted it over a year ago. It was obvious.

Back