Double build: Zaskar and P7 RS

You better not tell the wife then as she just might be spoilt for choice on what to hit with it :shock: :LOL: ..

Congratulation's on the sale T :cool: and no! you seemed to have neglected telling me about your successful sale :cry: :cry: :LOL: but hey you seem to be doing well even if you are on pin's until your house purchase has completed it's still looking rather good atm :cool: ..

You can alway's buy a shed if needed but yea! if you have bought the one with the sheds then that would be awesome but their again if i were in your shoe's i'd of remembered which house had the shed's :LOL: ..

The choice was house with sheds or house with outbuilding- sheds won, since it was nicer and quite a lot cheaper... and there were two of them. Think one will be for the dogs- we have a new pup on the way too!

I see so long as your both happy with your choice that's the most important thing and managed to get the storage room for the bike's which save's you a headache so happy day's! and dare i ask how many dog's you have as having another one will certainly require the extra room and i've never kept a dog in a shed so dare i ask why keep dog's in a shed ? unless it's just for when no one's at home in which tbh the best place would be in the house as a deterrant ..

Will be two dogs- we need to give them outdoor access during the day so one vague plan is to create a run off of one of the sheds, the top half of which could become a chicken coop... might work. In reality we will probably end up paying someone to take them out on the days we can't get back in time.

I see and i like the idea of a chicken coop come dog house but yes it would probaby make more sense to have a dog walker as their's a few of them about but best find some one with a good reputation even though it's alway's tempting to go with some one cheap but it's never advisable ..

Looking like I'm going to keep the zaskar although I might make some changes - the mag wheels proably aren't going to work out for me one way or another (bought a better tool and can't get the cassette off- could try lbs) and I don't like the multicoloured look as much without them so a switch up might be on the cards.

Hoping I might get the original stem back tomorrow so can fit that and the xlites. Also have all the shifting from the now sold p7 so I might return to a shimani setup. Perhaps I'll keep an eye out for some coloured rims...

That will be great if your going to keep the Zaskar and i can imagine the colour scheme won't have the same affect without the mags but i wouldn't go altering anything untill you've searched around for a bit for some more wheels before you make changes ..

It certainly seems like the lbs is the way to go regards removing that cassette as you don't want to wreck it and i'm looking forward to seeing how that stem looks so fingers crossed it will look as good as you hope ;) .

Well after listing the zaskar a couple of times (pre and post move) it looks like I'm keeping this one. Set about toning it down a touch yesterday- since the mag wheels have had to come off I've been less happy with the mad colour scheme- I do have some red rims that might eventually go on but it requires me to learn how to wheelbuild first... Later!

I'm between going a bit more traditional here (pace forks and Hadley hubbed front wheel) or mixing up with a more modern front end (disc front, rigid forks and a more modern front wheel). Also between replacing the seatpost, bars and stem with black alternatives- will decide on the forks first and set up the gearing.

A mixture of different period LX stuff going on at the minute, think I'll go 8 speed, although I do have 3x9 shifters that will match the mechs... would need a cassette though.

Nice to have a project on the go again, albeit one that has gone in abiut five different directions so far! Will post a pic later...

Current incarnation:

2017-03-19_03-52-02 by sonofprent, on Flickr]

Bit gutted that the matching gold lx front mech doesn't fit due to the tube ovalling off towards the joint. I've also fitted a different front mech since this pic... another stop gap.

As well as finding a new front mech I'm thinking about adding a black seatpost and stem to this one, as well as black cabling... I'll probably see how much riding it gets first.

Back