Double build: Zaskar and P7 RS

Hmm! OCD i'm sure he live's downstairs :LOL: ..

Okay so your taking the Zaskar off the market for now well i'm kinda not surprised as no one has taken any serious interest in it unfortunately which is a damn shame as it's a good bike imho ..

Yes now i know your plan's regards the forks it makes perfect sense doing the swap and fully enough i do actually prefer the look of the Manitous on the Zaskar tbh ..

So what colour are you painting the stem then as i like the idea of neon pink ;) ..

So i take it the Xlite bars are riser's then in silver no less ? ..

Neon pink it is- called it! It's not looking great tbh, though I'm hoping a bit of tlc and another coat will sort it to some degree... If not I'll have it powder coated at some point. The xlite bars are also pink, so it might be a bit much...

I take it you didn't use etching primer on the stem as that usually prevent's the base coat reacting if that's your issue ..

Loving the sound of the chosen colour as i personally wouldn't of thought of it ;) .

Now seriously though i wasn't expecting you to have pink bars to fit to a pink stem as i thought it just might be way to much in the chosen area so i'd honestly think about going with a light green or yellow on the stem or maybe some decals to tone down the pink on the stem but tbh i think it's just worth giving it a go to see how all that pinkness come's across ..

Primer went on too heavy - I'll have another bash tomorrow after stripping back again tonight.

Tend to agree on the colour thingy but the choice was pink or yellow and the pink was a nicer tone. I've a few ideas for colour but will try this first. I suspect ill end up powder coating eventually.

You heavy handed bugger ! :facepalm: :LOL: so initially it doesn't seem to bad by what you've said so some good flatting off should put you back on track again .

As for the colour yes just stick with the pink for now and see how it goe's and as for plastic coating well don't write off your own handy work until your 100% certain you can't get a good finish ..

Had another go, another shite result. Im giving up - my father in law is here and he has blasting/spraying facilities. It will go home with him and come back in his most garish colour, probably yellow. If it still looks rubbish I'll go the professional powder coating route. Meanwhile I have a stem extender which means my ahead - type stem works fine.

Your problem seems to be that your a tad too impatient :facepalm: , well any how's i'll wait to see how your father in law get's only this time i'd like to see the result's as all i've seen so far is you being grumpy :LOL: ...

Any way at least you have got the ahead stem for now so that's you okay for now then :cool: ..

Like any bad workman I'm going to blame the tools - my previous attempts at spraying have gone ok, this time less so. Truth be told I abandoned efforts today due to making a royal mess outside- I got told off.

Anyway, yes all is well and we will see how it comes back whenever that may be. Meanwhile I still need to sort getting the rear casette off...

Doh! , no you can't be leaving a mess outside as that won't endear possible vendor's for the house :facepalm: so it's no wonder your Mr's had a go at you so you quit doing it in the end then :shock: oh well fingers and toe's crossed your father in law does a good job of it then ;) ..

I've got a 3lb lump hammer if that will help with the cassette although i hadn't realised you'd got a cassette fited to the front as well :LOL: ..

My wife might want to borrow that lump hammer... I can think of a few uses! House has sold btw- not sure I mentioned. We've had an offer accepted too so it's all in the hands of others now... fingers crossed- It's the one with the sheds!

Back