Double build: Zaskar and P7 RS

Messing as in adjusting and riding. More play today, cables are on and looking better than I'd expected. Really pleased... pics will follow at some point...

Just my type of messing then ;) , nice one T and i can't wait to see the pic's with the new cables fitted mate :cool: so you weren't expecting them to look that good then ha ha ! :) ..

I was between them looking awful and slightly better than black. Look great imho, and Percy loves them...

2017-04-08_10-00-42 by sonofprent, on Flickr

Things to do:

Find an older front mech (annoyingly lost a DX one during the move),
Find a GT/Hadley rear hub and lace fir rims to them,
Do something with the hacked mechhanger- they're much be a more graceful solution than current.
Also tempted to take this to 9 speed if i can find more gold LX stuff for cheap- i have a load of mega 9 stuff i could put on which would mean the groupset, although the wrong period, would be consistent. We'll see what comes up...

Horrible feeling I'm going to be offered some cash for this when a friend comes over later- it's been for sale forever (and i don't need four rides) but i don't really want to part with it now.

Sweet mate :cool: so i'd leave the rear black and change the front ;) unless you really prefer the silver finish ..

The front is an original Hadley/GT hub, so I'm after something reasonably nice and silver for the rear eventually... Preferably to match the front!

Oops! i'd forgotten about the front hadley hub :facepalm: :oops: so yes better to just replace the rear wheel with somthing equally as nice ;) :mrgreen: .

Back