Double build: Zaskar and P7 RS

Re:

Watching these with interest!
Especially the P7.
Never had one but I like the look of them :cool:

Are you keeping the RockShox?

Mike

Yeah, RS something to do with a price-performance groups and suspension. I have the original forks but they feel pretty far gone- I'll be fitting both bikes with pace RC35's initially, which I may swap out on the zaskar. I've waited 20 odd years to get the paces on the P7* so that's a definite!

(I recently RIP'd my last nickel p7 due to nasty rust through on the back end- I'd bought the pace for that while it was away for a repair that in the end didn't get done.)

Moved on with the orange - it's coming together well though I think it will probably be too small for me and as a result will end up being moved on. Looking great though...

For some reason my Flickr doesn't seem to be playing today so I'll explain:

XT front and rear mechs on, trying to fit USE seat post, STX RC v brakes and crank on, Pace Rc35s on (not properly - need a 1 inch unthreaded steerer and star nut), dean stem on...

Progress being made on both- bought a new seat post shim for the orange, hoping I can complete this weekend if I can solve that problem.

Meanwhile, amassing multi coloured bits for the zaskar- so far picked up green headset, purple stem, pink bars, blue seat post and yellow clamp. Oh, and red mag wheels... it's basically going to be a rainbow.

If the shim arrives in time I might get to ride it this weekend- got some steerer tube messing to do, then its just a case of cables... will see.

Meanwhile the rainbow is taking shape, albeit in a that's not quite the shade I was expecting from the pictures sort of way!

Progress! P7 is almost there- need to grab a set of gear cables and then it's good to ride. I've swapped the seat since that pic (and may do again) but you get the idea- I'm going for classic in terms of colour scheme:

IMG_20160703_155243 by sonofprent, on Flickr

The zaskar on the other hand... red mag wheels should arrive this week, as will purple stem allowing me to mount pink handlebars. I'm going for classy rainbow, if that is at all possible?!

IMG_20160703_164503 by sonofprent, on Flickr

Back