Do we have a resident Dyna-Tech expert?

Once A Hero

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
I could do with some guidance please, been offered an early Dyna-Tech, but don’t know how to put a value on it.
Limited info thus far, but I can’t find it in any of the catalogues.
Yellow main triangle tubes, blue lugs / headtube and rear triangle. Wishbone.
Straight not bent top tube.

1990ish?

Sounds like Dyna-Tech Pro. Only the larger frames had the bent top tube. Should be wearing XC-PRO. Top model from 1990 I think. Team riders were issued with them. Frame is 2070 - same as the Odyssey and Endeavour.

Make sure it's this

But not this

Last edited:
Ah that rings true as it’s a small frame size, c.17” perhaps.
I’ve only seen a non-drive side image so far :rolleyes: but I’d say it’s more XT than XC Pro, and maybe a different brand hub.

Frames any good? Worth anything? £150? It is my size which is a plus, and I like that era of bike as they are quite easy to work on!

Sounds like Dyna-Tech Pro. Only the larger frames had the bent top tube. Should be wearing XC-PRO. Top model from 1990 I think. Team riders were issued with them. Frame is 2070 - same as the Odyssey and Endeavour.

Make sure it's this

But not this

Aha!
Looks like the former that’s for sure - but without the orange embellishments on the yellow tubes 🤔

As long as the bonds have held they ride nicely. Some describe them as 'noodley', I wouldn't.

As with anything it depends on condition. @The History Man picked up a larger one for not very much, before defiling it.

They don't come up very often. I'd start negotiating from about £100, unless it's really good. You could get lucky and it be an ex team frame.

If it turns out to be smaller than 17" and you pass, I'd be interested ;)

Exactly what @Markybeau said ^^^

The 'Team' with XC pro is a Reynolds 2070 frame (653 main tubes + 531 wishbone stays / straight fork)
There are some differences between the 2070 Odyssey and Endeavour frames highlighted in this thread here -

The team is essentially the Endeavour in Blue/Yellow with XC pro. There is talk that the unsold Endeavours were recalled after poor reviews, stripped of their Campagnolo and flex stem, then rebranded with XC pro and team paint. After all, the top model had several custom touches.
This is only heresay though....the Team is still a sought after model in the Dynatech '91 line up.

Cheers
boy"O"boy

Last edited:
As long as the bonds have held they ride nicely. Some describe them as 'noodley', I wouldn't.

As with anything it depends on condition. @The History Man picked up a larger one for not very much, before defiling it.

They don't come up very often. I'd start negotiating from about £100, unless it's really good. You could get lucky and it be an ex team frame.

If it turns out to be smaller than 17" and you pass, I'd be interested ;)
Harsh. Had a couple. A black/silver one years ago and my current frankentech.

Don’t pay too much as their very niche.

Update:
Looks to be an Endeavour based Pro, with predominantly M730/5 XT.
I've pitched a number for consideration and am awaiting feedback 👍
Still a bit vague as I have no idea where it is! :LOL:

Deal agreed - along with another bike that I'd said I wasn't interested in :LOL: 🤦‍♂️
I'm a sucker for ensuring old bikes / parts get another outing or released back to the Retrobike community rather than ending up in the skip!
Will probably have them next week some time, then to decide what to do with them...clean-up and keep for a while maybe.

Oh, and I've been given a lead on a Dyna-Tech MT4 as well now! Viewing it on Monday.

Back