• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Only sometimes

• Total voters
A little too much.

I tried to build an ugly hack for leaving locked up in dodgy places, using a dented frame and parts I already had spare. The idea was to make something mechanically sound, but unstealable.

A few cycle jumbles later, it's got a Flite Ti, Syncros post and stem, Record Aheadset and front hub, Mavic 631 cranks and ring, Superbe Pro brakes (all bought for peanuts, but still...) and I'm looking at a replacement top tube and a respray.

It's a disease.

Then of course I'll be looking for another frame to build up as a hack, and the process will start all over again.

I have got to admit, I am shocked by things that people pick up on I really am, You put something together and think hey this is nice then it gets ripped apart!! ha.ha :LOL:

daj":sr077a3s said:
I have got to admit, I am shocked by things that people pick up on I really am, You put something together and think hey this is nice then it gets ripped apart!! ha.ha :LOL:

It is all personal taste and choice at the end of the day. TBH, as long as a bike makes you happy then thats what it is all about ;)

Always has. But I'm the same with everything. Form follows function – Most things that are well designed and work well are beautiful. Bikes are no exception.

Yes!

and that is also the chalenge
When i start a project i have more or less the look in mind that i want to go for,..and the search for these items is also for me part of the fun and the hobby
I now have 3 bikes in my livingroom because they have turned out so beautifull that these are like art to me.

Yup, it makes you want to ride your bike more! :D But function has to come first, so the trick is to make it look good AND ride well.

ALWAYS!

Even on a pub bike. There is no place in teh universe for bikes with mismatched anodizing, tyres, rims, seatposts and stems that don't match etc....

Back