Rebuilding a cassette bearing...help!

mistermonkeywrench

MacRetro Rider
Marin Fan
Feedback
View
Hi,

I was rather heavy handed when removing my headset cups and one of the sealed cartridges split.

After messing about with the other one to see how they went together, now both cartridges are all in bits.

I've tried searching for rebuilding a split bearing but it seems that split bearings are a thing on their own, so maybe I'm not using the correct words.

So, I thought I'd ask to see if anyone has ever done the same and figured it out themselves, or knows where any pertinent information might be.

Oh, in case it matters which headset - it's a King titanium...I'm such an idiot.

Thank you for any help, and please feel free to laugh all you need to - I deserve it.

Happy trails!
Andrew.

If you got them apart, you will most likely get them back together again! And most likely they are simply pressed together parts!

I recently took apart an old King and the bearings were fairly easy! I took all apart to the bare balls even!

If you got them apart, you will most likely get them back together again! And most likely they are simply pressed together parts!

I recently took apart an old King and the bearings were fairly easy! I took all apart to the bare balls even!
Thanks man, that makes me feel better, and yes you're completely right - I'll email King for any tips.
🤙

Back