Dekerf Team SL 853 Single speed

Wheels built and cranks polished (apologies for smudgy pics)

M900 before:

M9001.jpg

M9002.jpg

After

m9003.jpg

And some rubbish pics of the wheels

Front1.jpg

Rear1.jpg

biocandy":2j8ht40p said:
nice.. what polish did you use..?
have you bought a tuning fork now..?

No polish yet, 240, 400, 600 wet'n'dry then wire wool and t-cut ;)
I'll get a polishing wheel on them when i get chance.

I've not found a tuning fork for sale other than from Mr Dekerf himself, and thats a bit beyond my budget. I'm happy with the triple butted P2's for now, but i haven't given up hope :cry:

jinjrich":zb8q5ej9 said:
SteveW":zb8q5ej9 said:
It was done before Chris had built any singlespeed frames officially. From what I can gather it was a new Team 853 that had damaged rear dropouts so Chris put singlespeed dropouts on it for me and resprayed it in 'Guinness brown with a creamy head'. I used it off and on for about 6 years. The respray was done by Argos Cycles in Bristol. I still have a collection of DeKerf graphics from the old importer if you ever need any

Thanks for the info! Its certainly a one off and I love it!! Hopefully it'll be ridden as intended for many more years.

And thanks for the offer of the graphics, i'll keep that in mind :D I've no plans to change the frame itself too much but who knows....

I'll build the wheels tomorrow if I get all my scheduled repairs done (and if we have the spokes....)

Now if only I could find (or remember) if any one ever made a nice, quality steel seat post... i can't think of anyone.. would be nice to fit in with the steel 'theme'. Its already not going to be a particularly light SS build so what the hell! :LOL:

Aren't Shimano XT seat posts made of chromo?

I have an XTR 27.2 stainless steel one that used to be in your DeKerf. I was hanging on to it as it's a bit special but what's your seat post budget. I might be persuadec ro sell as I have other decent 27.2 posts
S

SteveW":g7i5v0l6 said:
I have an XTR 27.2 stainless steel one that used to be in your DeKerf. I was hanging on to it as it's a bit special but what's your seat post budget. I might be persuadec ro sell as I have other decent 27.2 posts
S

I'm very interested Steve, but don't want to insult you with an offer that's too low. My budget for the bike is pretty much spent but i'll consider this as it sounds perfect.

If you do want to sell please Pm me with what you'd like for it and i'll give you a straight answer. :)

An ebay search doesn't reveal many... I think the Duraace road and DX MTB ones were more common. The few I've found that have sold vary between £25 and £80. I think I'd have to say £40 posted as I'd rather hang on to it for anything less than that. Shout if you're interested and I can get a photo tomorrow.

Back