A bike of firsts - '92 Marin Team Issue

Looks less extreme from that angle. Still makes me ache, though. Bars would do the trick if it wasn't for that absolute dart of a stem :D
I didn't know stems came in different lengths. I saw the listing "NOS Marin Stem 1 1/8" and I BIN
:LOL:

I didn't know stems came in different lengths. I saw the listing "NOS Marin Stem 1 1/8" and I BIN
:LOL:
I'd have gone down the same route as buyer, I've got mx bars and bmx stuff on pretty much all of my bikes. My last norba venture was the Rockhopper with syncros kit and honestly I do not miss it, although they look the bizznizzzzz with a stem the equivalent of a medieval polearm

I can relate to the itchy triggerfinger on ebay though, I'm not allowed on there when I drink :)

So I'm never on there

Marin stems changed length with frame size. From tiny to huge. I've cut mine back from 150mm to 130mm on my xl as I've got older.

Slightly Zombie Thread but fell across this and have in previous years noted just how progressive and wonderful was the Tange Marin Team CroMo nickel frame. It anticipated ‘long low and slack’ by many decades but without the added slackness. Joe Murray penned it I understand hence the signature tt length. I had one of these and It Was GooD. Very good. Maniou 1s on the front, which did slacken the head angle slightly. God it was fast. And compliant in the right way. And climbed brilliantly. Amongst an awful of dross these were wonder machines and not out-of-reach exotica. Great find.

I so wish it had fit me! Or maybe I should have tried to build and ride it, maybe a shorty stem and suspension fork was the answer =/ but I'm fairly certain the sz down would be perfect and I'd still love to have one.

Someone have that sz small to send me ? Original decals and m900 please =]

I so wish it had fit me! Or maybe I should have tried to build and ride it, maybe a shorty stem and suspension fork was the answer =/ but I'm fairly certain the sz down would be perfect and I'd still love to have one.

Someone have that sz small to send me ? Original decals and m900 please =]
I´ve a ´94 Team and for daily use and I did install a shorter (10cm, 25deg) stem&wider riser bar. While it did improve the ergonomics for the intended use it really did a number on the handling this bike normally has. Going from well balanced to floppy, meaning it now has a strong tendency to "fall" into curves. It´s not unusable, but you really have to be on your toes going into curves otherwise it will not follow a smooth arc.

Back