Nocim....my Edwardian hotrod speed machine!

Love the homemade bits galore Mickey

I'd like to imagine you in your shed with endless sketches of antique style weight weenie bits alongside an illegal still and a beer brewing setup, the bevvy fumes combining with the residual paint fumes from the creation of the fishnet monster, resulting in your sheer ingenuity and brilliance.

Got a bit done this morning and a bit this evening.....it's quite a fiddle this....more than I thought 🤨
First thing this morning was to chuck it in the bucket of sh!t....I'd buggered the angles....🙄
It'll be a creaky clamp...can't have that!

So......
I made a new happier one instead
IMG_20220607_180809_246.jpg

And tonight started profiling .....still reckon theres a few more grams to be lost...maybe tomorrow I'll find em 😁

IMG_20220607_222142_581.jpg

IMG_20220607_222858_713.jpg

Still have to make the outer jaws too..oh crumbs 😂

Love the homemade bits galore Mickey

I'd like to imagine you in your shed with endless sketches of antique style weight weenie bits alongside an illegal still and a beer brewing setup, the bevvy fumes combining with the residual paint fumes from the creation of the fishnet monster, resulting in your sheer ingenuity and brilliance.
Cheers imlach 👍
The price of beer and the size of my thirst I reckon I should start brewing 👍

To all those following this build and voted in the rbotm comp.....
A really big thank you ❤️
Both Nocim and I are humbled!
Working on this bike is both fun and challenging so winning the comp is well like the cherry on top of the icing on top of the cake !
Cheers✌️

Oh boy what a little monkey this clamp is! 😆
In fact I think it's the biggest fiddle faff fest I've ever had with a bike part......ooh ye wee lil bugger!

So it's on ....and ......it'll be off again tomorrow night 🙄
But I think it's gonna work ....and with an M6 bolt.! Now that does surprise me ...
And so far it's saved .......70 grams 😁
How's about that!
IMG_20220609_000231_718.jpg

Has been a while since you posted. Hope all is ok.
I've been busy on this one...😁

Nocim will be having Sunday walkies tomorrow...see if my seat clamp creaks 😆

So in total with all the little weight saving aluminium bits and bobs I saved just shy of 400g in the end,plus dynamo got the boot...only used it once and simply put a candle is as bright and that's over a pound in weight with the headlamp and brackets! So Nocim is now over 1 1/2 lb lighter....and it feels it 👍
I think there's still another 1/4lb I can shave too without trying to hard. Tyres are tubes aren't currently anything that light!

Just a little jolly out for an hour today and nothing has bent budged or broken even the seat clamp....win😁

Glad to hear all is ok. You will definitely notice 1 1/2lbs less in weight. What can you do with rims and tyres while still keeping it old ? Latex tubes can't be seen!

The current tyres are modern! As long as there's no big branding and logos are all black its fine by me..should see around 100-150 g a wheel saving quite easy 😁 chunk of weight in the axle wing nuts too....might have to find some aluminium ones...or make some! If I could find some aluminium cottered cranks that weren't cream crackered that'd be a big chunk of weight in one fell swoop 👍

Reactions: Woz
Back