Dave Yates project

Re: Re:

foz":2zxb0w7b said:
Looking good Mike! Where did you get the forks? I could use some like them...
They came with the frame. Fairly light, so are staying. Sorry

Mike I reckon its the EC34 that you need if you click on the Handy Information for SHIS headset size identification CLICK HERE on the link page you can pick the Dims for the headset and going through it you end up with EC29 on the list which relates to EC34 on the website.

foz":1zgljbuy said:
just noticed too, you need an "S" for the toptube!

:LOL: :LOL:

I am going to paint one on. As well as touch up the paint chips.

Re:

Slowly getting there with this build. Looking forward to actually riding it! :LOL: :LOL:

Adding a bit of orange . . . .

IMG_20190913_182353318 by Mike Murray, on Flickr

Hope skewers to go with the wheels,

IMG_20190913_182301575 by Mike Murray, on Flickr

Awaiting the surprisingly tricky to get hold of 1" aheadset, sadly not orange but silver.

IMG_20190913_182241985 by Mike Murray, on Flickr

Long stem may be replaced by something in the same time zone, we'll see! :LOL: :LOL:

I was looking at orange Benotto bar tape for the bike, but at around £30, I decided to stick with the Cinelli cork, that is far more hand friendly! :LOL:
I have some lightweight brakes on the way, but with no q/r levers. I'll see how that pans out. :facepalm:

Also on the lookout for an ano orange bottle cage. Just the one, don't want to add too much weight. :LOL:

Will probably go with the Look Keo pedals I already have, as well.

Mike

Re:

Thanks Tim. Struggling to find a star fangled nut for the carbon steerer! :facepalm: :shock:

Re:

Prefer bungs for carbon steerers, ever since I went to service the vague feel on my full carbon Colnago forks and discovered the shop fitted Star fangled nut had cut through the steerer around 75% of the circumference and it was hangin on by pure stubbornness...

Re:

Struggling to find anything small enough to fit in the carbon fork steerer. 20mm inside diameter is pretty small.

Any guidance would help lads, as this has come to a grinding halt until I find something. :roll: :facepalm:

Mike

Back