Dave Yates project

Re:

After what seems like ages, I got the frameset yesterday, and home today.

The eBay photos didn't do it justice. I was thinking of going for a pale blue/white Banesto team colour respray, but having seen it in the flesh now, I'm warming to the Cadbury's Dairy Milk colour.

IMG_6306 by Mike Murray, on Flickr

IMG_6307 by Mike Murray, on Flickr

Lugs are really nice, too :cool:

IMG_6308 by Mike Murray, on Flickr

IMG_6312 by Mike Murray, on Flickr

IMG_6310 by Mike Murray, on Flickr

I MAY have a go at lug lining. :shock:

Not sure what to do about these though. Any ideas?

IMG_6315 by Mike Murray, on Flickr

Proper metal ;)

IMG_6316 by Mike Murray, on Flickr

Not weighed it yet, but it feels quite light.

I think it's going to be a retromod, as the wheels I have available are modern. Want to build a lightweight bike if I can. Having weighed a few bits recently, it's going to be a real mix of components.

Looking for stem/bar recommendations, as well as pedals, seatpost and saddle.

Maybe carbon stem/bars, if there's much weight to be saved there. Not going to be throwing the bike around, so maybe an option. If a silly one! :LOL:

Mike

Mike

Re:

I’ve done a little bit of shopping today! :cool:

As a result, I have some carbon I want to strip ropey looking lacquer from, as well as getting some anodising done.

Can anyone advise as to how and where please?

Oh, and if you have a pair of 7400 aero levers going spare, please let me know.

Thanks ;)

Mikey

Re:

Yes it is mate. Got a stem on the way that I want to mess with, although some on here will crucify me for! :shock:

Mike

Re:

Good choice! Doesn't look like it needs painting.... Mess with the stem all you like, waiting to see what it is and what you do to it. I've seen a few threads on anodising recently, over in the MTB section I think. You're going to get me motivated to build my Yates again soon!

Back