Gold Trader
Bontrager Fan
Feedback
View
Doing a random search on eBay last night. :facepalm:

Turned out to be a bad/good idea. I'm not sure which! :LOL: :LOL:

Anyway, I found this :shock:

Dave Yates 853 project by Mike Murray, on Flickr

Made an offer this morning, which was accepted straight away, and it will be on it's way shortly.

Mike

Re:

Looks good Mike! If you've never had a DY before then you're in for a nice surprise I'm sure. Looks too small for you though? :LOL:

Re:

Dream on! :LOL: :LOL:

It's actually my size for once :shock:

I have a picture of what I want it to look like. And it isn't purple! :LOL: :LOL:

Not a fan of the Dave Yates decals to be honest, and H Lloyd don't have them. Maybe Gil does. Or maybe I'll look for something else instead.

Oh, and it's 853 tubing. Hope it lasts better than my first foray into that tubing.

Mike

Re:

Looks great but I agree the decals won't be any great loss.
What colour are you thinking?

Re:

Pale blue, white fade downtube panel. Late '90s Banesto-style

Was hoping to find some Reynolds decals for it, but nothing coming yet

Bit of a retromod possibly. Tasteful though ;)

Mike

Re:

Owing to the fact I have only modern wheels for this bike, I see it as an open house for a Retromod, anything-goes build.

With that in mind, I've been weighing up my options, literally.

IMG_3052 by Mike Murray, on Flickr

IMG_3051 by Mike Murray, on Flickr

IMG_3050 by Mike Murray, on Flickr

Although I'm not going for a weight weenie build, I will use the lightest stuff in the photos. The results were interesting! :shock:

Mike

Lovely stuff. You could get the old style dave yates decal- much nicer. You can get them off DY himself I think.

CTK":wulvpuba said:
Lovely stuff. You could get the old style dave yates decal- much nicer. You can get them off DY himself I think.

Really? I'll try and find out about those. Thanks

Latest posts

Back