Dave Lloyd Frame Register

Re:

I'll PM you my e-mail.

It may have been made by Dave, but by 1998 Dave was selling a lot of alloy and carbon frames that were bought in, and also having frames made for him at Paul Donahue's workshop. All of these frames have an LL number in the register, but they were not made by Dave or in his workshop.

I have a Concept 2000 frame which is clearly finished in the Dave Lloyd style of paint, has Dave Lloyd decals and yet does not have an LL number, so I think it all got a little confused. He did sell a lot of bikes / frames in 1998/9.

Re: Re:

NeilM":5awkc9b9 said:
Nice looking bike. In my experience they all have their own character, some are fast and some are... faster. :mrgreen:

The serial number will be on the underside of the bottom bracket casting. It should start LL, but these will look like inverted 7's. The number after LL will be five digits long, and the first two digits will tell you the year of construction, so LL93785 will signify frame number 785 made in 1993... which is incidentally a 'road' frame.

You're right. It is fast! Unfortunately when I looked for the serial number, it's illegible (see photo). I think there's so much paint on there that it's obscured the number.

Never mind, thanks for your comments anyway.

DL-BB by Niall Kitching, on Flickr

Hoping you can help , I have bought a 753 frame from my local bike shop (here) that the previous owner has said was built and supplied by Orange bikes but as the owner can not find the sales invoice and the frame has no decals it's proving difficult to decide if this is in fact the case or not,the frame and fork both have the same 3 digit number stamped on them,the fork also has the number LL89042 (or possibly LL80042/LL90042 it's not very distinguishable ) which has been pointed out to me could be a Dave Lloyd frame number .

Attachments

• IMG_1683.JPG
    IMG_1683.JPG
    109 KB · Views: 882
Re:

Tis indeed. LL89042 is a Touring frame made of 753 , completed 18/7/89 and built for...... Orange.

So it did come from Orange but it was made by Dave Lloyd.

Re:

Hi

I am in the process of having a bike put together using an old David Lloyd frame. I'd be really inteested to know more about the frame.

The serial number is LL93728.

I'll post a photo of the bike when it has been assembled in a few weeks time.

Many thanks

Tony

Re:

LL93728 is touring frame made of 653 and originally built for Phil Coe.

That's all that is in the register.

Is your frame the one that recently sold on ebay? The seller was in Wells in Somerset.

I was very tempted but I really don't have any more room and I already have a touring bike.

Re:

Thanks for the info. This frame was not on Ebay. It was donated to a local charity that has a bike workshop, which provides training for adults with learning difficulties.

As mentioned, I'll post a photo when the bike has been assembled.

Cheers.

Tony

Re:

That sounds great and will make the third tourer I have come across in as many weeks, and Dave did not make that many.

I look forward to the pictures.

Back