Dave Lloyd Frame Register

Re:

Cool, the seller did say it was Columbus Genius, but without a sticker on there I had no way of confirming so thanks for the info!

Matt

Re: Re:

MatBH5":tpf1r5k6 said:
So, Simon, what detail can you share on your Lloyd’s!?

Neil very kindly ran my numbers through the book;

LL92531 - 1992 CATS WISKAS made of OR.

LL92622 - 1992 ATB BEEZ NEEZ sold to Go-Bike and made of 653.

First CATS WISKAS built and first BEEZ NEEZ built

Re:

The seller said he had owned the book for a few years and had picked it up in Wales, I don't think he had any more to add.

Needless to say, I am delighted to own it.

dnbmatt28":1a22me3v said:
Cool, the seller did say it was Columbus Genius, but without a sticker on there I had no way of confirming so thanks for the info!

Matt

A DL made from Genius, must be some bike that! Genius best tubeset ever

Re:

There are a couple more CATS I have found using Genius and a BEEZ made of Thron. Those were ordered by Neil Ross, which I think was a bike shop in Scotland.

dnbmatt28":2cw7eilr said:
Neil out of interest what about your Blue/silver one?

Cheers
Matt

It's blummin cold down here, and I've not been out to the garage today. :facepalm:

It is not just the CATS either (two of them), there are also two Concept 90's, one of which I am certain has no numbers, and my Quantum 650, which I have found in 'the book'.

My other two frames are 1970's and were not made by Dave.

EDIT: My Q650 was made in 1996, was ordered by Geoff Weir, which is the name on the top tube and is made of Deda Zero, and wears a decal to that effect.

I have found John Noakes, Chris Leslie and George Harrison were all customers in the 1990's. ..... frame builder to the stars? You never know.

Si_33":3cywcjje said:
MatBH5":3cywcjje said:
So, Simon, what detail can you share on your Lloyd’s!?

Neil very kindly ran my numbers through the book;

LL92531 - 1992 CATS WISKAS made of OR.

LL92622 - 1992 ATB BEEZ NEEZ sold to Go-Bike and made of 653.

First CATS WISKAS built and first BEEZ NEEZ built

Wow ... quite the pair

Re:

Right, mine are as follows:

LL94894, listed as an ATB Cats and made from 731 OS
LL951012, listed as ATB and made from Deda Zero
LL961227, Quantum 650 made from Zero
LL971463, Concept 90, sold to JE James and made from Deda 01

I also have what looks like a C90 in red but with welded construction, the frame No is A650. I now think this could be a Concept 2000 made in Paul Donahue's workshop, probably in 1998.

I have a feeling there are more CATS WISKAS than I first thought, as only one of mine is in the register as a CATS.

Re: dave lloyd book

Hi.
Bought the blue white and green concept 90 on here recently.Cant make out the prefixes but the number is either 92612 or 82612.Numbers filled up with paint and I dont intend to start scraping. Fairly sure its 92612. Any info most appreciated and it would add to the interest. Its turned out to be a superb bike and I think its a forever keeper. That monostay back end is a piece of artwork in itself.Thank you for any info you can supply
Regards
Peter

Back