Dave Lloyd Frame Register

Re: Info would BA helpful

Hi, I bougth a Dave Lloyd frame in EBay around 10 years ago and since then I was always wondering what it was meant for. It is build
for roadbrakes, but the cablemounts are under the toptube, like on an MTB.
Maybe you can help identify this frame.
The number is: 961187
Thank you in advance.

Excuse my english, I am german.

Re:

Your English is fine and an awful lot better than my German.

LL961187 is shown in the register as a Concept 90, a road bike, it was sold to Velo Sport and is made of 01 OSC (that may be a Deda tubeset).

Dave did quite a few custom variations of frames, I have seen C90's with no cable guides at all, and others with only one shifter boss, so it may be that your frame has the cable guides as specified by the original customer.

Re:

That was quick, thank you. I thought it would be a roadbike, when u bought it and was quite suprised to see the cableguides mounted this way. Should have looked at the pictures a little closer. But I did like the paintjob that much that I did not check it. In the end I never build the frame up, because I originally planned to use a Dura Ace group and it was not possible to Mount it in this frame. So it lived a peaceful life on the wall oft the living room. But now I will have to part with it, so the info is very useful.

Re:

Many a buyer has been drawn in by the paint jobs on Dave's bikes, they can be very .... individual. :mrgreen:

Glad to help.

Hi, I've recently acquired a Dave Lloyd which is the best bike Ive ever ridden!
I've had a quick look but I cant find where the serial number is.
please could you tell me where I might find it on the attached pic?
Dave-Lloyd-Bike by Niall Kitching, on Flickr

Re:

Nice looking bike. In my experience they all have their own character, some are fast and some are... faster. :mrgreen:

The serial number will be on the underside of the bottom bracket casting. It should start LL, but these will look like inverted 7's. The number after LL will be five digits long, and the first two digits will tell you the year of construction, so LL93785 will signify frame number 785 made in 1993... which is incidentally a 'road' frame.

Re:

Sorry but the register only goes up to LL991740, so your frame must have been a very late one.

Chances are is was not made by Dave himself, although I cannot be certain of that.

Any chance of a photo?

Re:

I will take a photo for you
The Frame number does have LL before the number so assume it was built by Dave.

Back