Cycle Show NEC

I note that the Pin has top tube cable clips too.

I dont get it!
If people want steel frames cos they look or ride better, then thats good.
If people want retro (proper original with all the history) then thats also good.
but why would someone want something modern that only looks retro? I mean modern brake lever designs are far more comfy than those with exposed cables. Braze on top tube clips arent as tidy and rust. Its just seems to be aimed at fashionistos with too much money. Either ride something cos its better or ride a piece of history. Dont mix the worst of a compromise.
my tuppence anyway, each to their own

Looking at the picture on the Pinarello website, I think I've spotted the major difference between this and an original "old" retro bike:-

veneto_748.jpg

There is definitely modern technology hidden within this bike, look at the way it hovers!

Tel":1b7kfhge said:
Not sure what it is, think it's a combination of things, but that looks really cheap and nasty.

I don't suppose they are going to be pitching it against their Quattro's etc in price, so its possibly going to be a cheaper product. Wilier did a chromovelato last year which looked very nice as a frame but the bits were a bit of a mixture (same as that pinarello I think).

Perhaps its that Colnago has the name to pull it off for high end steel frames? (Apart from a lot of smaller builders of course). Not sure - I think the brake cable grips are a bit odd considering there are braze-ons for the gear levers. Still, would be interested to see one and the price.

Tel":e2mxh6ek said:
Not sure what it is, think it's a combination of things, but that looks really cheap and nasty.

If I was Sr Pinarello I'd have got rid of the cable clips on the top tube and used some different handlebars. It would also have Campagnolo parts rather than Shimano on it.

Each to there own.

Back