Custom Ti frame builders and BB30

In a whole the BB30 is more of a complete assembly for the BB. Along with a bb30 crank increases stiffness in both BB of the frame and drivetrain whilst also reducing weight. Lynskey also offer a press fit bb if you want. There are a greater number of manufaturers now adopting this as well.

I don't think it's been mentioned in here yet, Vicious Cycles will now male any of their frames in Ti. I'm not sure if their using a bb30 or even plan to. All I know is they make a stellar bike.

Re: bb30

BlackCat":1h8w1ppm said:
The new Whyte 19 Titanium should tick a few of your boxes. It's a BB30 design, British, and it beat the new Hummer in a mag group during the summer. Might've been MBUK, can't remember. Take a look:

http://www.whytebikes.com/2010/19titrail.html

If you fancy swapping out that Hummer I have something NOS and in your size lying around here :twisted:

The Hummer is long gone, I've be hammering my new Kent Eriksen for a wee while now :cool:

I was only talking to a friend the other day about why MTBs haven't adopted press fit cartridge bearings to BBs across the board. BMX took it on board a few years ago now with headsets and BBs....seems to have worked well in taking the abuse.

Ordering a custom Ti frame for me is the pinnacle of MTB purchases...I really hope one day I'll be ringing up IF to up in my order! :D

Neil G":oupdjhaj said:
I was only talking to a friend the other day about why MTBs haven't adopted press fit cartridge bearings to BBs across the board. BMX took it on board a few years ago now with headsets and BBs....seems to have worked well in taking the abuse.

Ordering a custom Ti frame for me is the pinnacle of MTB purchases...I really hope one day I'll be ringing up IF to up in my order! :D

If you're willing to sacrifice some of your stable Neil you could probably have it in a number of months. Thats what i did, sold almost everything plus all the bits and bobs i had lying around and that was more than enough to cover it.

haggis":r7zc88wh said:
Neil G":r7zc88wh said:

If you're willing to sacrifice some of your stable Neil you could probably have it in a number of months. Thats what i did, sold almost everything plus all the bits and bobs i had lying around and that was more than enough to cover it.

The thought does cross my mind now and again! Not sure I could part with my Hei Hei as I brought it brand new back in '93. May have to get the car up for sale lol

Neil G":1wg7vgv0 said:
haggis":1wg7vgv0 said:
Neil G":1wg7vgv0 said:

The thought does cross my mind now and again! Not sure I could part with my Hei Hei as I brought it brand new back in '93. May have to get the car up for sale lol

Keep the frame then and sell everything else. Here's something to tempt you a wee bit :LOL:

Attachments

• Joe_TiDeluxe_660x440.jpg
    Joe_TiDeluxe_660x440.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 552
Beautiful

Saw Tim Flooks' TI IF in May at the Set 2 rise and it was one of the nicest bikes I'd ever seen...also got the kudos in bucket loads. I want one.

Other option is quailty British steel in the form of a Roberts Dogs Bollox...seems good VFM for such a well crafted, individual frame :D

Back