Custom Ti frame builders and BB30

Dipsy":hoika29j said:
What about Kent Erikesen the former Moots man? They look rather noice... infact very noice indeed....

Kent is sorting out the tooling for BB30 and says he should be up and running in a couple of months.

rody":27g3pf8h said:
Yo Hamster...

Adaptor to go;

from BB30 to Standard shell

or

Standard shell to BB30 outboard ?

The world (ok, really just me) wants to know :)

rody

As I understood it the framebuilder was moving to BB30, but would produce something so that you could run a conventional BB inside it. As I understand it, BB30 is narrower and larger diameter than a conventional shell. So as I said in my OP, the adaptor would be a block a bit like the eccentric of a tandem which is 50mm diameter or so Alu cyclinder which has a normal BB thread inside it.

On second thoughts I have no idea what a conventional BB is these days, and no doubt at least one of the outboard solutions will fail to fit.

What a fun project for you - I've looked at the Groovy, Strong, Eriksen and Potts website's and I need to change my pants :oops:

I would love something like that, but not if it meant getting rid of all my other bikes. I tend to only change frames or bikes/stuff when I break them, and I'm obviosly not breaking enough of the right stuff at the moment :twisted:

Note - both my big bikes are out of action at the moment because I burst the suspension... the only bikes I have to play with this week are Retro, and I'm lovin it, allbeit at a similar pace but with less jumps and drops than normal.

joelm76":19f3q6ow said:
Was thinking about BB30 for future purchases, but this recent(ish) blog post has made me think again. Seems good for carbon fibre high volume manufacturing but a bit pointless for anything else?

http://waltworks.blogspot.com/2009/11/b ... oodie.html

The man says the whole point of BB30 is that you can align the BB shell after the frame is built?

I thought the whole point of BB30 was that it was much stiffer due to the 30mm axle and had larger and hence longer life bearings along with being lighter in weight.

My Eriksen has BB30 and the cranks are super stiff and the thing absolutely motors uphill. Anything that helps me get up the hill quicker is better in my book :cool:

Plus if Lynskey are jumping on the bandwagon as well as Whyte then doesn't that tell you something?

bb30

The new Whyte 19 Titanium should tick a few of your boxes. It's a BB30 design, British, and it beat the new Hummer in a mag group during the summer. Might've been MBUK, can't remember. Take a look:

http://www.whytebikes.com/2010/19titrail.html

If you fancy swapping out that Hummer I have something NOS and in your size lying around here :twisted:

Back