Culling bikes and builds, decisions?

I can't believe that in reading through a thread based on how to cull a collection of bikes, I now find myself wanting another! :facepalm:

But I think Twister may have beaten me to the point really -

should you decide you no longer want the Torus, it's the right size and has trimnells, I'd gladly assist your cull in the medium term (just need to start a new job!) so keep me posted :)

In terms of my own reductions in the past, they've been made on fit, use, performance and sentiment...

Here's a thought:

n-1

anybody?

Thought not! :LOL:

Re:

No trimnell forks I'm afraid:
file.php

kingoffootball":1jwy94za said:
I agree this is a useful thread for people feeling like they have too many bikes. From a personal point of view, it's a case of them taking up too much space when I don't get out to ride them often enough. Good pointers on where to start with the clearout though.

Just put some more hooks up in the garage should sort you out

FluffyChicken":1if59tb8 said:
kingoffootball":1if59tb8 said:
I agree this is a useful thread for people feeling like they have too many bikes. From a personal point of view, it's a case of them taking up too much space when I don't get out to ride them often enough. Good pointers on where to start with the clearout though.

I might be past that point. There's currently three frames in the kitchen and six complete bikes in the spare bedroom :oops:

kingoffootball":1adpr1ak said:
FluffyChicken":1adpr1ak said:
kingoffootball":1adpr1ak said:

I might be past that point. There's currently three frames in the kitchen and six complete bikes in the spare bedroom :oops:

I'm assuming no kids then? :D :D

Whilst I may be looking to cull, I've just finished another bike (modern). I was just throwing it together with bits from the substantial parts bin and it's turned out rather nicely. Certainly an argument for sorting out storage rather than getting rid (though a few steeds will be going for sure).

Need inspiration for hanging/storing about 7 bikes I reckon.

ishaw":tvf5b6cu said:
Need inspiration for hanging/storing about 7 bikes I reckon.
Have a look at the link i posted earlier in the thread, give them a call and see if they still do 4s. Rather than the 6 on the webpage.

Re: Re:

The History Man":8j9w5vvw said:
Still on the hunt for an 8ft scaffolding pole.
Give your local scaffolder a shout, he might have a knackered one in the yard thats too short for him to use, or just too scabby/dented. Half an hour with some sandpaper and a coat of hammerite should get you a nice shiny pole to use.

Re: Re:

mattr":3hz0908o said:
The History Man":3hz0908o said:
Still on the hunt for an 8ft scaffolding pole.
Give your local scaffolder a shout, he might have a knackered one in the yard thats too short for him to use, or just too scabby/dented. Half an hour with some sandpaper and a coat of hammerite should get you a nice shiny pole to use.

Took your advice. Picked up three poles and two clips today. Thinking goal post inside shed type rail. Need a full day I reckon to empty shed, cut poles etc, move shelving.

Back