Concorde Aquila (Finished lots of pics on Page 3)

Re: Concorde Aquila (update 8th March)

Little bit more done to the Concorde, Pretty much finished now just waiting for the wheels to come back so I can get the chain on, get the gears set up and the cables cut down to size.

I knew that I wanted to keep the pink and blue from the frame running at the front end so I got some benotto pink shinny tape but it wasn't bright enough so then I got some shocking pink ambrossio type tape and its bang on. Pictures tone it down to a salmon colour but in the flesh its ......... BRIGHT !
And then a blue avocet to finish the look.

Also added a campagnolo water bottle and seat pin bolt, it needed the campagnolo one as it needed a bolt with no locating lug / key.

Fitted the crank and pedals but won't put the dust caps in until I've done a few miles and tightened every thing up.

Really happy with the look of this bike can't wait to ride it.

(and excuse the décor :) all my bikes are done at my grandfathers)

Re:

That looks really nice, well done! :cool:
And where on earth did you find that Avocet?
Don't understand about the bottle cage boss though, was it knackered?
I bet you can't wait to try it out

Mike

Hi Mike and thanks

Its deff shaping up in to a fantastic bike, found the avocet on line I've managed to find them now for each of my bikes they do come up just have to keep looking.

It wasn't the water bottle bosses I was meaning it was the seat pin bolt that needed the campagnolo (well its the only one I know off like this) one. The other seat pin bolts I have and have seen have a locating key to go into a cut out on the frame. The concorde doesn't have that cut.

Ah that's why, I'd left the pic out. This is the bolt I was talking about

Well shes finished :)

Specs:
Shimano 600 Ultergra 8spd Groupset
Look 226 Pedals
Cinelli XA stem (mirror polished)
Cinelli Bars
Turbo Special saddle
Mavic open 4cd rims & Hi-lite comp tyres
Avocet 40
Campagnolo water bottle
HG90 Cassette (12 - 21)
Shimano HG90 chain

All parts were nos before fitting apart from the stem.

The camera won't pick up the colour but the bar tape is proper bright pink to go with frame.

Hope you like and all comments welcome.

Re:

Fantastic! :cool: Well done ;)

I have been after a pair of those tyres for ages, never seem to find any though :roll:

Have you ridden it yet?

Mike

Thanks guys, not ridden it yet gonna have to wait until next week for that.

Can't wait to get out and give it a shake down.

Maca, I take my hat off to you...

Every one of your bikes is stunning, and the attention to detail you spend on each one seems to get better and better

:D

Thanks MrW appreciate that.

I certainly have great fun tracking down the parts and making the bikes as good as I can get them, just wish I got more time to ride them.

Back