Concorde Aquila (Finished lots of pics on Page 3)

Re:

That looks like a great frame to start off with. D/A would look great on it ! Looking forward to build thread :cool:

Mike

Re: Concorde Aquila (deal done)

Been looking at the cost and avals on the Dura Ace stuff. I think its going to be 600 Ultegra.

The Dura just seems to thin on the ground in the condition I will want it in and the stuff that is in good nic is mega money.

The choice has been made, I'm going with Ultegra again (I do love this set) but will go with the 8 spd version and Mavic 4cd rims.

Right well, bit of an update.....

I wanted to show pictures of the frame and bits as they came but it all arrived at roughly the same time and I couldn't help start building.

I've gone with Shimano 600 Tri Colour Ultegra 8 speed group set, all new old stock. Turbo Special saddle, Cinelli stem and bars. Stem was sent for polishing and is now mirror finished. I've got the hubs and rims (rims are mavic 4cd) just waiting to drop them in to be built.

Hope you like it.

Re:

Oh my, that is stunning.

Looks like that frame has never been built up before.

I think that's a good choice of components, I've done quite a few miles using Tricolor 600 and always found it excellent.

Re:

Coming along really well :cool: I particularly like the white brake hoods! May I ask what model Cinelli bars they are? Can't quite see from the photos, and I'm looking for a pair like that

Thanks,

Mike

Re: Concorde Aquila (update 8th March)

Thanks guys, the frame was indeed new old stock and had never been built until now.

The bars are Cinelli giro d'italia (model number 64). Older ones with 26.4 clamp size and single grove for cables.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re: Concorde Aquila (update 8th March)

I've actually got some "shiny tape" on order, have to be careful with that stuff in the link. I bought some of it in white for something else and its not long enough. However the stuff that comes in a bag called shiny tape is long enough.

I've also ordered some fluorescent pink padded tape to try.

Re:

I have some of the white/pearl tape lined up for one of my projects at the moment. Just need some bars to put it on! :roll: :facepalm: :LOL:
Looking forward to seeing your bike finished. Makes a nice change from the PDM colours, classy though they are.

Mike

Back