Cleaning white Porcs.

Tomianson

BoTM Winner
BoTY Winner
Feedback
View
A group question. Anyone here with experience cleaning white Porcs. I’ve got sone decent usable ones with a bit of draining. Do I leave them be or try and clean them. What would get rid of the stains, if anything?
T

If they are in good condition they will sell well. NOS pairs are a bit of a running joke for the ridiculous prices that they are listed at - and frequently trade at. Nowhere is the fabled “retro-premium” more in evidence than here.

I haven’t seen a pair up for quite a while now - but if yours have good colour, minimal wear and rubber is reasonably uncracked, you could easily get a couple of hundred. Maybe more.

In short, decent white porcs are for garage queen builds and trading. Riding them is like drinking an ‘82 Petrus. Of course, you can do it.. but it comes with a certain, shall we say, opportunity cost..

I doubt there are that many on here that have had the chance/need to clean their white porcs in modern times given their rarity and apparent desirability, so guidance may be a bit lacking!
However I would say that good advice may come from the likes of @Peachy! or @regan_ev who have history in rejuvenating discoloured retrobike trinkets.

It crossed my mind the other day ‘why did they stop making them ? 🤔’ I guess everyone stopped buying them…

Why did everyone stop buying them? is it because the white is a nightmare to maintain or clean generally - tbc

Last edited:
Back