Wanted Cheap fork or preload adjuster dial

ishaw

Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
So I'm helping a friend get a bike for family rides. I found a Marin bobcat trail on FB locally for £60 which he went to see and got for £20. It needs a bit of work but it's sound in the most part.

I'm going to be donating the gearing as he's not a fan of gripshift so I've got some stx rc 8sp shifters and a fairly new deore 9sp mech and new SRAM chain to get it up and running alongside the other usual consumables that an old bike needs, and a strip and rebuild of anything that moves so I know there's nothing lurking and could bite him later. Plus I'll pimp where I can.

It has some sync suspension forks which I know aren't the best, but they are clean and work. The only issue with them is they are missing an adjuster dial and I'd like to find one if I can (pictured).

If it was my bike I'd replace the forks. He's on a budget though so probably not viable unless anyone on here is feeling super generous. It's an XL frame so would need a long steerer and for 26 inch wheels. Just in case anyone has anything, rigid or suspended and in keeping with the low budget build.

He's a great guy, helps me coach U13s football and works part time transporting disabled people around if that gets anyone's generosity juices flowing.

Cheers

Attachments

• PSX_20220807_173240.jpg
    PSX_20220807_173240.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 4
  • PSX_20220807_173218.jpg
    PSX_20220807_173218.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 4
Hmmm, not seen that and while it's cheap, it's an indy, though probably better than the sync.

Back