Cannondale Delta V project. Update 19/01/09***

V

Cheers for the offer Dude, I've got to have a look at mine first and see if they just need a clean up or if they are screwed. Have you found anywhere to get '90's decals from, mine's gonna need a whole set.

Interesting that we're both tackling the same project, I have a feeling we may be talking to each other quite a bit over the next few months?

I assume you've been here: http://www.vintagecannondale.com

Here's mine. Boothy.

Attachments

• cannyV.jpg
    cannyV.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 1,597
Yours looks much better than mine and already complete although i suspect that you will be making a lot of changes. We should do a joint thread!!

Gaz sent me some decals to tide me over for the time being but there was someone on here that can make them up, but i cant think who!

Your forks are nicer than the ones that came with mine also, i like them. Are you going to keep the Maguras on??

I definately agree about the keeping in contact thing, the headshock alone is a git! Gaz was a huge help so talk to him too, the job he did on his was lovely, i am taking some inspiration from him on that.

My girlfriend wants to ride it for the London to Brighton so it needs to be half decent at least. I am rather excited now mate and am looking forward to seeing yours built up.

V

Yeah it's complete, but it's pretty knackered, needs a complete strip down and I'm just scratching my head over how to do it at present, could take a while knowing me. I think I'll keep it bare alu, hopefully it will polish up, with some blue components.

I'll keep the maguras if they work, I have them on my other Dale and they are great, no doubt they'll need bleeding an wot not, another task I'm not sure how to perform.

I think it's Gil M that makes up decals.

Even though it's not true to the original I'm quite taken with the idea of a Lefty instead of the normal headshock.

Check this one out: http://killerv800.blogspot.com/2008/07/ ... egins.html

mmmm decisions, decisions.

I'm definitely getting involved in the London to Brighton, although I can see it happening on the Pace rather than the Delta V, but fingers crossed.

How's the 353 coming along?

Well i think that the pace will be a nice bike for that long journey.

I do like those lefty forks i always think they look cool and they are really quite light.

The 353 is finally moving again after being let down on some forks that i was promised so going rigid now with a flexstem so could be kinda cool. Just need some cantis and i will have a complete build.

Well the frame has had a coarse rub down and now has some new forks to sit up front and out of curiousity i thought i would weigh both with some suprising results.

I removed the old Pepperoni headshock and found out just how fantastically light the frame is and was well chuffed. The new fork recently aquired inexpensively is almost immaculate and has really pleased me so once the frame has had a 'Propper rub down' i will proceed with the build but my girlfriend will be really pleased with the end result with it being her bike.

Please let me know what you think.

Adambike005-5.jpg

Adambike007-5.jpg

Adambike009-5.jpg

Adambike010-6.jpg

Adambike011-5.jpg

looking good bro,

Love the new forks, does that dictate a colour scheme? I'm having trouble deciding a colour combo for mine but I thought I might try and polish up the forks an stem too.

Although very little progress on mine so far!

Re: V

Boothy":3w46pdzz said:
Even though it's not true to the original I'm quite taken with the idea of a Lefty instead of the normal headshock.

Check this one out: http://killerv800.blogspot.com/2008/07/ ... egins.html

mmmm decisions, decisions.

That's my bike :)

Like you say, I really deviated from the original. But it all sort of snowballed that way... first the Lefty, which meant I was running disk brakes up front, so I wanted to balance it out with disk on the rear. After that, well I kinda lost control...

Not sure where i am going with the forks in regards to colour. I had thought about stripping them and polishing which would look smart but going polished frame with red and blue ano parts.

Should be a 22ish lb bike good for XC. Looking at XT all round with 3ttt Titanium bar, grip shift, Gremeca wheels/mavic with Hope hubs, Raceface turbine cranks and X lite seatpost. Looking forward to getting the frme finished and then on we go.

Back