For Sale cannondale sm700 rolling chassis £100 collected

jonnyboy666

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
so i got this as a doner bike so i could rebuild my proflex, SHOCK HORROR i hear you say! yeah whatever, i was never overly fussed about cannondales!

anyway, yours for £100 collected, ideally from my shop in the new forest, SO45 is the general area code. will happily pack up if you want but you can arrange the collection.

the condition is as expected for a 30 year old survivor bike.

included is what you see in the pics, frame looks ok from a distance but you get up close and you can see the spidery bubbles under parts of the paint, see pics. the headset is XT and turns ok but worth a rebuild with fresh grease. bar and stem is original to the bike as the Ritchey fork

i think the wheels are original, LX hubs on Ritchey rims, think the rear needs a true up which i'll probably do before it goes, freehub body looks messy but ticks fine.

seatpost does move, think it's the original saddle.

the shifters are basic acera or whatever, they need a bit of a lube to get them going again which i'll probably do, this bike had been sat hence them sticking a bit, obvs the original shifters had died years earlier.

edit, one thing i forgot, the left hand crank arm is cracked, i obviously wasn't gonna use it so i didn't remove it, i intend to, i'll try and save the BB.

2nd edit as i keep forgetting stuff!
size is C-T 20"/C-C 18", Toptube C-C is 22"

3.0 aluminium frame with a 1" headtube etc

anyway, here's some pics

cd8.jpg

cd1.jpg

cd2.jpg

cd3.jpg

cd4.jpg

cd5.jpg

cd6.jpg

cd7.jpg