Cadex - Single Speed Build

Wow, looking very slick :cool:
This is mine after sanding and some new decals:

p4pb3758249.jpg

I sold this one, still have a frame like yours lying around, and have a complete Cadex 2 from '91.
Thanks for sharing the drawing of the horizontal pats, I'm thinking of using these for a Nexus hub build.

Thanks for all of the comments!

I took her out for a spin last week and she is quick!!! But she is so so stiff! This is great going uphill but not that comfortable coming down anything even vaguely knarly! Am thinking that some suspension fork would be good, but they need to be light and I like the idea of some lockout - any suggestions?

shaun":jlkz9eqm said:
Stunning, the red outer cables are a nice touch. What does it weigh in the end?

She comes in at about 10kg on my crap bathroom scales....

Jamis Diablo":jlkz9eqm said:
Thanks for sharing the drawing of the horizontal pats, I'm thinking of using these for a Nexus hub build.

I have to drawing in AutoCAD if you would like - PM me.

Yvo":jlkz9eqm said:
That is truly great! Very Happy Hard to see that the design of that frame is almost 20 years old. It's rather timeless.

VERY well done!

I think that this is one of my favourite things about it is that it is nearly 20 old but as you say doesn't look it! (Apart from the canti hanger!)

Am also getting on really well with the egg beaters and the Rocket Ron tyres are a revelation.

What size frame is that? I wouldn't mind doing that myself but just wondering if I could get away with an 18" frame, I'm 6'4" and generally ride 19" hardtails but have an 18" On One.

<vulture>

If you do end up getting a sus fork for it, let me know Olly, I'd be interested in the carbon jobby you've got on there

</vulture>

Just saw this from the "Great big Singlespeed thread!" - utterly utterly stunning; looks better than a lot of modern carbon gash with horrible logos.

As a minor note, wouldn't black RS7's really help make the stealth point drive home?

Back