British Eagle touristique

Mr.E":123x88sj said:
I have been thinking about it, this is a tweaked font i tried, gold with black lining. Not sure this is the the final result.

britisheaglecustom.jpg

About the headbage, i have been thinking about a custom eagle yes, but i have also been thinking about a custom logo that has nothing to do with the bike itself but more to do with me. This requires further thinking...

Having a similar frame in need of a respray, I was looking for decals and found these on http://bicycledecals.net/
Apparently this is a copy of the original, but to be honest I like yours better. :)

Attachments

• Eagle_SET_1.jpg
    Eagle_SET_1.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 412
robv":2zo5sog4 said:
Having a similar frame in need of a respray, I was looking for decals and found these on http://bicycledecals.net/
Apparently this is a copy of the original, but to be honest I like yours better. :)

Yes, those are the original decals and they´re terrible!!! Which is a shame because i think it undervalued an otherwise nice frame (at the time).

In the end i decided not to use any, just the lug lining and 531 decals.

Bought this frame very used and in a bad need of a respray. It was not for me but i ended up keeping it.

I stripped the frame by hand, polished the steel and had it painted. It will have a modern groupset in the future but for now this is a low budget project.
I still have to do the lug lining and decide on the decals, the original ones are just too big, so maybe i will make a variation with a smaller font.
I have to buy a lot of stuff for it but this is how it stands right now.
I have been reading about it, even if it´s not in the same league as the big boys (BJ, Mercian,Hetchins, etc...) i think it´s still a pretty nice bike and i just love classic british tourers.
I will use it for light touring, confort long(ish) rides.

Untitled by Mr. E Himself., on Flickr

I've got one of these touristique. Good move not to add the decals. Love the headset. Is this original? These bikes ride really nicely.

Back